The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary
Around this time of the year (December), in telling the story of the birth of Christ, this topic concerning Mary come to the fore. One wonders what is the truth behind this concept?
- What is "Immaculate Conception"
- Is the "Immaculate Conception" biblical?
- Was the Virgin Mary Immaculately conceived?
- By whom, where, and when was this doctrine conceived?
- Does this doctrine have any bearing on other teachings of the Bible?
- Does the dogma of the "Immaculate Conception" makes Mary a god or a "co-redeemer"?
- Does Mary give Jesus Godlike characteristics (immortal, etc.) or He possesses them on his own?
Please, dig deep. Any facts or a clear understanding of this "dogma"? CM