Miracles: Real or Misunderstood Natural Occurrences?
This thread grows out of a question Wolfgang raised at Posts: 1,205 October 9, 2018 thread, under the OP “Steps in Mining a Biblical Passage” in response to @C_M_ said:
Until we get there, do miracles make sense?
@ Wolfgang said: Why should miracles not make sense? Perhaps some miracles don't make sense when someone tries to understand them from an incorrect premise?
To the "un-regenerated" mind, miracles don’t make sense. Given this, I would like to know the following:
- What are miracles?
- Who can perform them? Are they only of God?
- When are miracles done?
- What are the miracles of the Bible?
- What conditions are necessary for a miracle to be performed?
- What is the first KNOWN miracle in the Bible?
- What is the first RECORDED miracle in the Bible?
- Are miracles happening today?
In sum, do miracles come about by request or are they just bestowed upon humanity? Please share your reasoning, texts, books, articles, or documents. CM