Who are the Magi?
- Magi in Matt 2, who is this people group?
- Were they believers in the Messiah, Jews, rulers or "foreigners"?
- What was their reputation or was known for?
- Of what nationalities were they?
- Where did they come from and approximately how far did they travel?
- What was the purpose of coming?
- What guided them?
- Was it real or supernatural?
- What gifts were brought by the Magi to Jesus?
- What were the gifts the value and meaning of each?
- Where was Jesus when the Magi arrived, in a stable or in a house?
- Do they have any relationships or connections to the "Wise Men" in the OT?
This story, or some portion of it, is told every year in December what is your understanding of the characters and the biblical meaning? Is the story true, a parable or a fable? Please, let me hear from you. CM