Who are the Pharisees of the Bible?
From another thread, the question above arises. To drill down, see the questions below:
- What is their origin?
- What are the best known?
- What distinguishes the Pharisees from the Sadducees?
- Are there different kinds of Pharisees? If so, how many and what characterizes them?
- why did John the Baptist and Jesus called them "a brood of vipers" (LK 3:7)?
- Why did Jesus severely denounced Pharisees?
- Was Jesus on good terms with the Pharisees? Better yet, what was his relationship with them?
Any thoughts and/or resources? CM