Christian Zionism and innocent bloodshed in the Middle East and elsewhere?

What are your views on this? Since the New Testament teaches that all of God's promises are said yes to in Christ; “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900) It also means today's physical Israel has no divine rights to Palestine. Does this involve those who believe they have rights to the land in murder?

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@Dave_L said:
    What are your views on this? Since the New Testament teaches that all of God's promises are said yes to in Christ; “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900) It also means today's physical Israel has no divine rights to Palestine. Does this involve those who believe they have rights to the land in murder?

Talk about cherry picking a verse and not interpreting it properly...

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

Talk about cherry picking a verse and not interpreting it properly...

Thanks for your input. Let's say, if Israel had no claim to the land, would that involve "Christian" Zionists in the innocent bloodshed caused by the Israeli occupation?

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

The Goland Heights was won in the 1967 war. The spoils of war are for keeps. What do you want from the Jews? Let them live in peace. Ask the American President why he cut off aid to the refugees? We must constantly work to keep peace in the middle-east. Why are you questioning the Jews and their land? Have you questioned America's ownership of her land? CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    The Goland Heights was won in the 1967 war. The spoils of war are for keeps. What do you want from the Jews? Let them live in peace. Ask the American President why he cut off aid to the refugees? We must constantly work to keep peace in the middle-east. Why are you questioning the Jews and their land? Have you questioned America's ownership of her land? CM

This is one of those rare times when we agree.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

Do you also agree with me that America bought Alaska from Russia, stole a good portion of her land, and defraud (Louisiana Purchase) the rest of the land, she now occupies? No one is ever to point a finger at Israel for anything. She's the envy of many nations. CM

• Dave_L

@C_M_ said:

Thanks CM for kicking this off in a good direction. I suppose we could as if Patriots have innocent native American blood on their hands too?

• Dave_L

@C_M_ said:
    Do you also agree with me that America bought Alaska from Russia, stole a good portion of her land, and defraud (Louisiana Purchase) the rest of the land, she now occupies? No one is ever to point a finger at Israel for anything. She's the envy of many nations. CM

My position is: Israel has no biblical claim to the land.“For all the promises of God in him [Jesus] are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900) = the promises are only available directly through Christ.

So any Israeli occupation of Palestine is purely secular and Christians should remain neutral preaching to all sides of the conflict.

But to preach "Christian" Zionism and favor Israel is to help them shed innocent blood. And to share in the bloodshed that comes from those opposing them around the world.

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

Thanks CM for kicking this off in a good direction. I suppose we could as if Patriots have innocent native American blood on their hands too?

No. We do not have blood on our hands for something that happened over 100 years ago.

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

My position is: Israel has no biblical claim to the land.“For all the promises of God in him [Jesus] are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900) = the promises are only available directly through Christ.

I really think you need to exegete this passage a little better than that Dave.

So any Israeli occupation of Palestine is purely secular and Christians should remain neutral preaching to all sides of the conflict.

I agree about preaching, but Israel does have a right to the land.

But to preach "Christian" Zionism and favor Israel is to help them shed innocent blood. And to share in the bloodshed that comes from those opposing them around the world.

No, that is simply not true.

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

No. We do not have blood on our hands for something that happened over 100 years ago.

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

Aren't Christian Zionists accessories to the crime so to speak by approving and even supporting the blood shed by Israel?

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

Aren't Christian Zionists accessories to the crime so to speak by approving and even supporting the blood shed by Israel?

I think you have a gross misrepresentation of what people do or do not support. This of course is your normal operating procedure. You project a level of expertise when in fact you are nothing but a foolish man making outrageous claims against other groups.

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

I think you have a gross misrepresentation of what people do or do not support. This of course is your normal operating procedure. You project a level of expertise when in fact you are nothing but a foolish man making outrageous claims against other groups.

How do we preach to both sides when we support only one side?

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

How do you preach to any enemy Dave?

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

How do you support Israel and preach to Palestinians?

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

You proclaim the Gospel. How do you preach to homosexuals? How do you preach to gang members?

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

You proclaim the Gospel. How do you preach to homosexuals? How do you preach to gang members?

How do you tell Palestinians you approve of Israel slaughtering them?

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

Why do you think that is what people approve of? Why do you think that is even what is going on?

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

Why do you think that is what people approve of? Why do you think that is even what is going on?

Support for aggression is a sure sign of approval.

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

What aggression? If the land doesn't belong to Israel, then it is purely aggression on their part not to acclimate and place themselves under the governments that be instead of overthrowing them and stealing their land.

• Hmn .... interesting exchange here ... and I am a bit astonished that there haven't been any real answers given to Dave_L's straight forward question(s). Instead, evasion is practiced ...

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

What aggression? If the land doesn't belong to Israel, then it is purely aggression on their part not to acclimate and place themselves under the governments that be instead of overthrowing them and stealing their land.

But the land does belong to Israel. So no, it is not agression.

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

The streets of Chicago do not belong to the gangs, but it is still aggression when they go about shooting them up.

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

The streets of Chicago do not belong to the gangs, but it is still aggression when they go about shooting them up.

Wow.... that is hardly an equal comparison

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

Violence is violence.

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

Violence is violence.

What do you think goes on in Israel today?

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

Violence is violence.

My position is, they are now the law of the land and the Palestinians need to submit to them within those borders. Just as in the American Revolution, or any upheaval, Christians submit to the powers that be whenever they take over.

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

Violence is violence.

My position is, they are now the law of the land and the Palestinians need to submit to them within those borders. Just as in the American Revolution, or any upheaval, Christians submit to the powers that be whenever they take over.

Ok....so then what is the point of your argument?

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

Violence is violence.

Promoting violence by supporting Israel involves you in the innocent bloodshed stemming from their conquest.

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

Violence is violence.

Promoting violence by supporting Israel involves you in the innocent bloodshed stemming from their conquest.

See you just contradicted yourself. How is supporting Israel promoting violence? Answer? It isn't.

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

@Dave_L said:

@C_M_ said:

What agression?

Violence is violence.

See you just contradicted yourself. How is supporting Israel promoting violence? Answer? It isn't.

If you say they have divine rights to the land, you are part of the problem.