Kavanaugh: Exposed!

C Mc
C Mc Posts: 4,463
edited October 2018 in News & Current Events

Kavanaugh's Drinking Buddy tells the truth in his own words. See below:

Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh “**** in college, Chad Ludington, a Yale classmate of his, said in a statement. Erin Schaff for The New York Times

Chad Ludington, a Yale classmate of Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh’s who said he often drank with him, issued a statement on Sunday saying the Supreme Court nominee was not truthful about his drinking in his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee last week.

Here is the full text of the statement:

I have been contacted by numerous reporters about Brett Kavanaugh and have not wanted to say anything because I had nothing to contribute about what kind of justice he would be. I knew Brett at Yale because I was a classmate and a varsity basketball player and Brett enjoyed socializing with athletes. Indeed, athletes formed the core of Brett’s social circle.

In recent days I have become deeply troubled by what has been a blatant mischaracterization by Brett himself of his drinking at Yale. When I watched Brett and his wife being interviewed on Fox News on Monday, and when I watched Brett deliver his testimony under oath to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday, I cringed. For the fact is, at Yale, and I can speak to no other times, Brett was a frequent drinker, and a heavy drinker. I know, because, especially in our first two years of college, I often drank with him. On many occasions I heard Brett slur his words and saw him staggering from alcohol consumption, not all of which was beer. When Brett got drunk, he was often belligerent and aggressive. On one of the last occasions I purposely socialized with Brett, I witnessed him respond to a semi-hostile remark, not by defusing the situation, but by throwing his beer in the man’s face and starting a fight that ended with one of our mutual friends in jail.

I do not believe that the heavy drinking or even loutish behavior of an 18- or even 21-year-old should condemn a person for the rest of his life. I would be a hypocrite to think so. However, I have direct and repeated knowledge about his drinking and his disposition while drunk. And I do believe that Brett’s actions as a 53-year-old federal judge matter. If he lied about his past actions on national television, and more especially while speaking under oath in front of the United States Senate, I believe those lies should have consequences. It is truth that is at stake, and I believe that the ability to speak the truth, even when it does not reflect well upon oneself, is a paramount quality we seek in our nation’s most powerful judges.

I can unequivocally say that in denying the possibility that he ever blacked out from drinking, and in downplaying the degree and frequency of his drinking, Brett has not told the truth.

I felt it was my civic duty to tell of my experience while drinking with Brett, and I offer this statement to the press. I have no desire to speak further publicly, and nothing more to say to the press at this time. I will, however, take my information to the F.B.I. -- Charles (Chad) Ludington

It also appears his wife knows of his drinking past. See how sad she is. Alcohol has and is destroying this man' life, not the hearings. Were we experiencing the effect of Alcohol on Kavanaugh’s brain? Smart man, bad habits, and poor temperament = unfit for "High Court". Dump, Kavanaugh! It's likely a conservative is going on the just the same. Why the Republicans don't get this? CM

Comments

• This Chad fellow all of a sudden he feels "it was my civic duty" ?? well, if it wasn't a civic duty for decades, it aint' a civic duty now.

Also, it looks as if this statement most likely has been composed by someone else ... as it doesn't really fit with the impression one would get overall about this fellow.

It looks more and more like the donkey is wanting to dance on thin ice ...

• C Mc

Alcohol in the Brain

Brain ModelWhile it is true that alcohol can initially perk people up and even help them to socialize at a party, alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. The depressant effects of alcohol are witnessed when people who have been drinking have slurred speech and poor limb coordination that prevents them from being able to walk properly. Although these outward signs of intoxication can be easily observed, it isn’t as clear how alcohol acts on a deeper level inside the body. So, how does alcohol act at the neurological level?

Alcohol acts on the receptor sites for the neurotransmitters (chemical messengers) known as GABA, glutamate, and dopamine. Alcohol’s activity on the GABA and glutamate sites results in the physiological effects associated with drinking, such as a slowing down of movement and speech. Alcohol’s activity on the dopamine site in the brain’s reward center produces the pleasurable feelings that motivate many people to drink in the first place.

As a Psychology Today article on this topic discusses, the degree to which alcohol impacts a person’s mood, behavior, and neurological functioning depends in part on whether the blood alcohol content (BAC) is elevating or decreasing. With 1-2 drinks, the person may feel excited or more talkative, but with more and more alcohol in their system, they become more sedated and being to lose control of their movement and may experience impaired thinking and memory. The fluctuation in BAC helps to account for why the same person can go from being the life of the party to needing help with basics, like walking. In addition, the following factors have been shown to influence how alcohol impacts a person’s brain functioning over time:

• The volume a person drinks
    • How often a person drinks
    • The age at which drinking began
    • The number of years a person has been drinking
    • The person’s sex, age, and genetic factors
    • Whether the person’s family has a history of alcoholism
    • Whether the person was exposed to alcohol as a fetus
    • The person’s general health condition

When considering the negative consequences of alcohol, people often think of what can happen in public, such as getting into a car accident or an alcohol-induced altercation. However, people play a game of roulette with themselves when they drink, especially when they drink heavily, because the effects of alcohol on the brain are uncertain both in the short-term and long-term. If other drugs are added to the alcohol consumption, the risks become more serious.

Was there drinking in the Kavanaugh’s home during his early years? What person writes everything, every day on a calendar and save it for 30 or 40 years? Is it blackouts, legal matters, memory loss, or mental issues? It's strange but passed on from the Father to the son. Calling it a parcel diary, yet it remains strange. CM

• Since the Chad guy admits to drinking excessively, why would his statement be any more credible than the statements made by the person he now wants to accuse??
    Perhaps Chad's statement reflects the effects of his alcohol consumption?

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Consider the source....

• C Mc

@Wolfgang said:
    Since the Chad guy admits to drinking excessively, why would his statement be any more credible than the statements made by the person he now wants to accuse??

If you want to ride this poney, this is all the more Kavanaugh shouldn't have a lifetime appointment on the supreme court. MUSC Hospital research said one glass of alcohol permanently damages brain cells. Thank God Chad isn't seeking to be on the Supreme Court. CM

• @C_M_ said:
    If you want to ride this poney, this is all the more Kavanaugh shouldn't have a lifetime appointment on the supreme court. MUSC Hospital research said one glass of alcohol permanently damages brain cells. Thank God Chad isn't seeking to be on the Supreme Court. CM

But I suppose it is fine for others who have had one glass of alcohol in their teenage years or shortly thereafter to be lifetime professors at universities teaching students? or to be politicians making laws for everybody to follow?

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

There are some people who really would cast the first stone--and do.

• C Mc

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

But I suppose it is fine for others who have had one glass of alcohol in their teenage years or shortly thereafter to be lifetime professors at universities teaching students? or to be politicians making laws for everybody to follow?

Oh, if only more people were like President Trump (whom you admire)!

Let me hasten to say, All be like Trump, ONLY, in NOT using alcohol! In this area, he's the perfect example! If he had other skills, who knows, he could be a candidate for the Supreme Court. ;) CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:
    Since the Chad guy admits to drinking excessively, why would his statement be any more credible than the statements made by the person he now wants to accuse??

So does heading a soccer ball. Should people who play soccer be allowed to go out for the Supreme Court? That's just an idiotic suggestion that because some brain cells died or were damaged that they can't be on the Supreme Court. I guess people who have been in car accidents can't either. Or football players. Or anyone who has ever been sucker punched.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:

So does heading a soccer ball. Should people who play soccer be allowed to go out for the Supreme Court? That's just an idiotic suggestion that because some brain cells died or were damaged that they can't be on the Supreme Court. I guess people who have been in car accidents can't either. Or football players. Or anyone who has ever been sucker punched.

Your argument doesn't hold water. A "messed-up brain" is a "messed-up brain". That's a reality of its own. When one deliberately ingest poisonous alcohol into the body, he must be aware that there are consequences-- some immediately, temporary, short or long terms and some permanently. Kavanaugh's behavior is reflective of his years of drinking and being in denial. "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise". If one is not "wise", he's otherwise. ;) You may want to consider studying this passage in its context. I am sure it has some present-day applications. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:

Your argument doesn't hold water. A "messed-up brain" is a "messed-up brain". That's a reality of its own. When one deliberately ingest poisonous alcohol into the body, he must be aware that there are consequences-- some immediately, temporary, short or long terms and some permanently. Kavanaugh's behavior is reflective of his years of drinking and being in denial. "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise". If one is not "wise", he's otherwise. ;) You may want to consider studying this passage in its context. I am sure it has some present-day applications. CM

You may want to consider factors other than alcohol in why Kavanaugh was upset. You would be too.

• C Mc
    edited October 2018

@reformed said: So does heading a soccer ball. Should people who play soccer be allowed to go out for the Supreme Court? That's just an idiotic suggestion that because some brain cells died or were damaged that they can't be on the Supreme Court. I guess people who have been in car accidents can't either. Or football players. Or anyone who has ever been sucker punched.

You may want to consider factors other than alcohol in why Kavanaugh was upset. You would be too.

Yeah:
    1. Kavanaugh's drinking exposed.
    2. He had to perform for Mr. Trump.
    3. Spoiled brat, having a boyish tantrum.
    4. Having an unrealistic sense of entitlement. Judge Garland didn't behave like Kavanaugh and he was denied a hearing--an example of maturity.

So, whatever, so-called, reasons you can come up with, "it won't amount to a hill of beans". CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said: So does heading a soccer ball. Should people who play soccer be allowed to go out for the Supreme Court? That's just an idiotic suggestion that because some brain cells died or were damaged that they can't be on the Supreme Court. I guess people who have been in car accidents can't either. Or football players. Or anyone who has ever been sucker punched.

Yeah:

I don't think it was ever hidden....

1. He had to perform for Mr. Trump.

No he didn't.

1. Spoiled brat, having a boyish tantrum.

Wow, really? He is accused without evidence and you are mad that he was upset about it? Good grief. That's not a boyish tantrum. That is a reasonable and expected response.

1. Having an unrealistic sense of entitlement. Judge Garland didn't behave like Kavanaugh and he was denied a hearing--an example of maturity.

Wow that is NOWHERE near equivalent. He was not accused of anything without evidence now was he? If you are going to make a comparison at least compare like events.

So, whatever so-called reasons you can come up with, "it won't amount to a hill of beans". CM

No, so far that is what you have done. Given us nothing but idiotic ideas of what is reality in this situation and ignoring the innocent until proven guilty rule of law.

• C Mc

@reformed said: You may want to consider factors other than alcohol in why Kavanaugh was upset. You would be too.

Yeah:

I don't think it was ever hidden....

May I suggest you watch the video clip of his interview on Fox. He tried to make himself a choirboy. This is what caused the inquiries of drinking. It's self-inflicted, "watch me" as Senator Gary Hart (D) did many years ago. CM