No Combat Zone?

Dave_L
Dave_L Posts: 2,362

What do you think of having one area in a forum where people post their views spelled out clearly for others to read? And any opposing viewers also post their views in contrast to the views they disagree with? No arguing but questions for the sake of clarity invited. This would not involve the entire forum, but just a category in the forum? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Dave_L

Why not? Each article would be a stand alone. Like books on the shelf. And questions for the sake of clarity would invite alternative articles.

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@Dave_L said:
    Why not? Each article would be a stand alone. Like books on the shelf. And questions for the sake of clarity would invite alternative articles.

Because you would have to lockk a post everytime one is created and I doubt Jan wants to take the time to do it.

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

Because you would have to lockk a post everytime one is created and I doubt Jan wants to take the time to do it.

I don't see why. Just a heading saying "No Combat Zone" or similar, and a line about etiquette.

• Dave_L

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

I don't see why. Just a heading saying "No Combat Zone" or similar, and a line about etiquette.

It might be a huge improvement over the other forums I've seen.

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

Because I don't think the current or future membership is capable.

• Dave_L

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

:)

• reformed

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

@Dave_L said:

@reformed said:

@Dave_L said:

:)

Just being honest :smile: