USA - the war on the US president

Have a look at a short article by the author many here do not like ... perhaps his message has some bearing despite you shooting the messenger ?

CIA/FBI/DOJ Plot To Overthrow The President Of The United States

Comments

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Wolfgang said:
    Have a look at a short article by the author many here do not like ... perhaps his message has some bearing despite you shooting the messenger ?

In my view, the "shots" fired at Paul Craig Roberts by us who dispute his points and point of view are loaded into our rhetorical guns by Mr Roberts' words. Hence, speaking only for myself, a) we don't shoot the messenger; we shoot the message... with Mr Roberts' own words.

The latest article is a transparently vapid conspiracy theory whose central tenet is that "There is enormous evidence that the above CIA, FBI, DOJ, and national security officials are engaged in treason against the United States."

What is that "enormous evidence"? Well, Mr Roberts offers a link to one of his own columns, which links to another conspiracy theory blogger's summation of reports that the FBI agent Lisa Page had confirmed to a congressional committee that the Mueller probe was investigating superfluous charges.

Unfortunately for the conspiracy theorists, the date of the tell-all text message that allegedly gave away that devastating bit of news was May 19, 2017, just two days after Mueller was appointed special counsel, and months before the first of the many guilty pleas and indictments Mueller and his team have produced.

• What do you want to bet that Mueller knew more about what was there in the Russia case when he got those indictments and guilty pleas than he did two days after his appointment?

• What do you want to be that Lisa Page, Peter Strzok, and many other FBI agents have a different point of view about the strength of the Russia case today than they did fourteen months ago, two days after Mueller was appointed?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018

Interesting what sometimes can be seen ...
    Tucker Carlson Tonight 72318 FoxNews Today July 23, 2018

To me from an outside perspective, it seems that these former top people of USA intelligence agencies (mostly in office during the Obama regime !) are accusing Trump of treason against the United States for trying to have a more normal relationship with Russia, claiming that such would be a danger to the USA.

I would estimate that these former top intelligence folks actually mean that Trump's attempt to normalize relations with Russia is a real danger to the military/security complex (with its giant hundreds of billion annual budget)) and to the pay each of them could expect to receive for their service ... a service more to the security of the military/security complex’s budget than the national security of the USA.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Wolfgang said:

CIA/FBI/DOJ Plot To Overthrow The President Of The United States

@Wolfgang said:
    Interesting what sometimes can be seen ...
    Tucker Carlson Tonight 72318 FoxNews Today July 23, 2018

To me from an outside perspective, it seems that these former top people of USA intelligence agencies (mostly in office during the Obama regime !) are accusing Trump of treason against the United States for trying to have a more normal relationship with Russia, claiming that such would be a danger to the USA.

I would estimate that these former top intelligence folks actually mean that Trump's attempt to normalize relations with Russia is a real danger to the military/security complex (with its giant hundreds of billion annual budget)) and to the pay each of them could expect to receive for their service ... a service more to the security of the military/security complex’s budget than the national security of the USA.

All this is nonsense! Do you want the real truth? There is a group working, covertly, to get Mr. Trump out-- His own Republican Party. Believe ye, me! I have said many times before. After the tax cuts, the Republican Party no longer have a need for him. The Supreme Court picks were just bones thrown to so-called Conservative Christian Groups (severely compromised).

The Republicans are embarrassed, angry, and afraid. The frozen snake they took into their bosom has unthawed and ready to strike. There, you have it. CM

PS. Mr. Trump doesn't like Chancellor- Angela Dorothea Merkel. So what? Appreciate and respect her leadership. Don't defend or make excuses for Mr. Trump. America is "in a pickle".

• @C_M_ said:
    **All this is nonsense! Do you want the real truth? There is a group working, covertly, to get Mr. Trump out-- His own Republican Party.

yes, there are those in that party who belong to the "deep state" / "swamp" ... the pushers however seem to be from the Democrats and the military/security complex

The Republicans are embarrassed, angry, and afraid. The frozen snake they took into their bosom has unthawed and ready to strike. There, you have it. CM

Seems more that some others are embarrassed at the fact that they lost the 2016 presidential election and don't want to get over it and accept their loss. I don't think those were the Republicans, were they?

PS. Mr. Trump doesn't like Chancellor- Angela Dorothea Merkel. So what? Appreciate and respect her leadership. Don't defend or make excuses for Mr. Trump. America is "in a pickle".

Why should I respect her devilish destructive subversive politics which are openly NOT for the good of the German people and which are in violation of her oath of office?

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:
    **All this is nonsense! Do you want the real truth? There is a group working, covertly, to get Mr. Trump out-- His own Republican Party.

yes, there are those in that party who belong to the "deep state" / "swamp" ... the pushers however seem to be from the Democrats and the military/security complex

• No, it's all in Republicans hands.

Seems more that some others are embarrassed at the fact that they lost the 2016 presidential election and don't want to get over it and accept their loss. I don't think those were the Republicans, were they?

See above.

Why should I respect her devilish destructive subversive politics which are openly NOT for the good of the German people and which are in violation of her oath of office?

• Your views of Ms. Merkel remains to be verified in the eyes and ears of others. However, she can't be as bad as Mr. Trump. You seem to like him. Maybe you guys should request him. What a headline! Donald J. Trump- Chancellor of Germany.

Ok, back to reality. Enjoy life. CM

• "Russiagate" ? ... who actually influences US elections big style?

Kim Dotcom has slammed ‘deep state’ Facebook and Twitter for meddling in US elections, warning they do ‘100 times’ more damage to democracy than all foreign meddlers combined.

“I wouldn’t be concerned about Russian meddling in US elections,” Dotcom wrote on Twitter. “Be concerned about Deep State social media companies like Facebook and Twitter meddling in US elections.”

I wouldn’t be concerned about Russian meddling in US elections.
    Be concerned about Deep State social media companies like Facebook and Twitter meddling in US elections.
    Zuckerspy and Jack the Ripper are doing 100 times more harm to democracy than all foreign meddlers combined.
    — Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) July 28, 2018

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Democrats have done vastly more damage to America than Russia and every other country combined 50 fold. Realize that when you vote.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Wolfgang said:
    "Russiagate" ? ... who actually influences US elections big style?

Kim Dotcom has slammed ‘deep state’ Facebook and Twitter for meddling in US elections, warning they do ‘100 times’ more damage to democracy than all foreign meddlers combined.

“I wouldn’t be concerned about Russian meddling in US elections,” Dotcom wrote on Twitter. “Be concerned about Deep State social media companies like Facebook and Twitter meddling in US elections.”

I wouldn’t be concerned about Russian meddling in US elections.
    Be concerned about Deep State social media companies like Facebook and Twitter meddling in US elections.
    Zuckerspy and Jack the Ripper are doing 100 times more harm to democracy than all foreign meddlers combined.
    — Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) July 28, 2018

Dotcom is correct about the influence of social media in modern elections. He simply failed to mention - unintentionally, I'm sure! - the extent to which the Russians used social media to meddle in the 2016 election. (see also HERE)

And I strongly encourage CD readers to review Mr. Dotcom's credentials as an expert on elections and foreign nation election meddling. You can find a lengthy summary of his bona fides HERE, though I have to advise you to expect to trudge through quite a bit of reporting on his various alleged and proven illegal conduct over the years.

I'm sure the man's an elections expert par excellence, but as you will discover, he's MUCH MORE than that! :tongue:

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

"You cannot reason someone out of something he or she was not reasoned into."
    -Jonathan Swift

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018

Controlled by shadow government ... an interview with Mike Lofgren from 2016

Rumblings of a 'Deep State' Undermining Trump? ... NY Times article of 2017