USA totally engulfed in world dominion fantasies?

As there was some hope by some for a positive development toward peaceful coexistence between USA and Russia to begin to take place with the Helsinki summit meeting of D. Trump and V. Putin, it has become clear that the USA (who are portraying themselves constantly as the nation that promotes liberty, peace, etc.) are not at all interested in a peaceful coexistence with Russia or any other country that pursues a political course of sovereignty and does not desire to become a US vassal state.

America Overrules Trump: No Peace With Russia

There is no support for Trump’s agenda of peace with Russia in the US foreign policy arena. The president of the Council on Foreign Relations, Richard Haass, spoke for them all when he declared that “We must deal with Putin’s Russia as the rogue state it is.”
Russia is a “ rogue state” simply because Russia does not accept Washington’s overlordship. Not for any other reason.

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@Wolfgang said:
    As there was some hope by some for a positive development toward peaceful coexistence between USA and Russia to begin to take place with the Helsinki summit meeting of D. Trump and V. Putin, it has become clear that the USA (who are portraying themselves constantly as the nation that promotes liberty, peace, etc.) are not at all interested in a peaceful coexistence with Russia or any other country that pursues a political course of sovereignty and does not desire to become a US vassal state.

America Overrules Trump: No Peace With Russia

There is no support for Trump’s agenda of peace with Russia in the US foreign policy arena. The president of the Council on Foreign Relations, Richard Haass, spoke for them all when he declared that “We must deal with Putin’s Russia as the rogue state it is.”
    Russia is a “ rogue state” simply because Russia does not accept Washington’s overlordship. Not for any other reason.

I thought Russia was a rogue state because it randomly eliminates people that do not agree with their position, even if it is in other countries. They actively undermine peace in various parts of the world and are an aggressor. But that's just reality, I know PCR doesn't live in reality.

• @reformed said:
    I thought Russia was a rogue state because it randomly eliminates people that do not agree with their position, even if it is in other countries.

would you have any particulars and maybe evidence? or are you only repeating cheap false propaganda? By the way, the USA powers behind the scenes eliminated even their own president (remember Kennedy?)

They actively undermine peace in various parts of the world and are an aggressor. But that's just reality, I know PCR doesn't live in reality.

Here again, would you have particulars from various parts of the world where Russia acted as an aggressor and undermined peace? Doesn't it seem that the USA has been acting as aggressor during its recent history, using false claims (such as Colin Powell admitted regarding Iraq war)?? What about Afghanistan? Lybia? what about the USA/NATO military expansion right to the Russian border??

• reformed

@Wolfgang said:

@reformed said:
    I thought Russia was a rogue state because it randomly eliminates people that do not agree with their position, even if it is in other countries.

would you have any particulars and maybe evidence? or are you only repeating cheap false propaganda? By the way, the USA powers behind the scenes eliminated even their own president (remember Kennedy?)

Of course that is a conspiracy theory with no basis in reality. But don't you remember the agents poisoned in Britain just a few months ago?

They actively undermine peace in various parts of the world and are an aggressor. But that's just reality, I know PCR doesn't live in reality.

Here again, would you have particulars from various parts of the world where Russia acted as an aggressor and undermined peace? Doesn't it seem that the USA has been acting as aggressor during its recent history, using false claims (such as Colin Powell admitted regarding Iraq war)?? What about Afghanistan? Lybia? what about the USA/NATO military expansion right to the Russian border??

Crimea

Afghanistan was harboring a terrorist group that directly attacked America. That is defense, not offense. Lybia I will grant you, we have no business being there.

• @reformed said:

@Wolfgang said:

Of course that is a conspiracy theory with no basis in reality.

Of course ...

But don't you remember the agents poisoned in Britain just a few months ago?

I actually don't remember anything mentioned about agents being poisoned and eliminated in Britain ... in Germany, the papers reported that no culprit had been found as of yet, that it was obviously NOT "military grade novichok" nerve gas (because if, then those people should have been dead within minutes if not seconds)
    The way the former agent and his daughter have been "eliminated" is that the British authorities are keeping them from the public and a regular life in the community, one could say they have been "imprisoned"

Here again, would you have particulars from various parts of the world where Russia acted as an aggressor and undermined peace? Doesn't it seem that the USA has been acting as aggressor during its recent history, using false claims (such as Colin Powell admitted regarding Iraq war)?? What about Afghanistan? Lybia? what about the USA/NATO military expansion right to the Russian border?

Crimea

?? Are you really that misinformed and ignorant? More than 90% of the population of Crimea voted to leave Ukraine (reason being that the Nazi regime installed in Ukraine by Western countries, led by the USA, forbid the use of the native language of the vast majority of the population etc ) and put in a request to the Russian Federation to be incorporated into the Russian Federation ... That Western propaganda continues in denial of this rather simple fact and truth shows how dishonest their reporting is ...

It's time to wake up, dear Americans.

Afghanistan was harboring a terrorist group that directly attacked America. That is defense, not offense.

Really ? When did that happen? There were no Afghans involved in any attack on America, rather a list of Saudis was published very quickly after the event of 09/11. Also, do you not know that the plans for the invasion of Afghanistan were already in the drawer before 09/11 ever happened?

It's time to wake up to reality, dear Americans.

Lybia I will grant you, we have no business being there.

Neither does the USA have any business to be many other places ... In how many countries does Russia have permanent military bases? In how many countries does the USA have military bases? I would think there is no reasonable doubt concerning who is constantly expanding and endeavoring to be the world hegemon ....

• reformed

@Wolfgang said:

@reformed said:

@Wolfgang said:

Of course that is a conspiracy theory with no basis in reality.

Of course ...

But don't you remember the agents poisoned in Britain just a few months ago?

I actually don't remember anything mentioned about agents being poisoned and eliminated in Britain ... in Germany, the papers reported that no culprit had been found as of yet, that it was obviously NOT "military grade novichok" nerve gas (because if, then those people should have been dead within minutes if not seconds)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Sergei_and_Yulia_Skripal

The way the former agent and his daughter have been "eliminated" is that the British authorities are keeping them from the public and a regular life in the community, one could say they have been "imprisoned"

Perhaps German media is propaganda. Ever consider that?

Here again, would you have particulars from various parts of the world where Russia acted as an aggressor and undermined peace? Doesn't it seem that the USA has been acting as aggressor during its recent history, using false claims (such as Colin Powell admitted regarding Iraq war)?? What about Afghanistan? Lybia? what about the USA/NATO military expansion right to the Russian border?

Crimea

?? Are you really that misinformed and ignorant? More than 90% of the population of Crimea voted to leave Ukraine (reason being that the Nazi regime installed in Ukraine by Western countries, led by the USA, forbid the use of the native language of the vast majority of the population etc ) and put in a request to the Russian Federation to be incorporated into the Russian Federation ... That Western propaganda continues in denial of this rather simple fact and truth shows how dishonest their reporting is ...

It's time to wake up, dear Americans.

Sure..

Afghanistan was harboring a terrorist group that directly attacked America. That is defense, not offense.

Really ? When did that happen? There were no Afghans involved in any attack on America, rather a list of Saudis was published very quickly after the event of 09/11. Also, do you not know that the plans for the invasion of Afghanistan were already in the drawer before 09/11 ever happened?

What does whether or not Afghans were involved in 9/11 have to do with what I said? Nothing.

It's time to wake up to reality, dear Americans.

Lybia I will grant you, we have no business being there.

Neither does the USA have any business to be many other places ... In how many countries does Russia have permanent military bases? In how many countries does the USA have military bases? I would think there is no reasonable doubt concerning who is constantly expanding and endeavoring to be the world hegemon ....

Oh brother.

• Here's some interesting comment on a matter that recently made headlines
    The Arrest of Maria Butina Is Another Hoax
    Many uninformed people think that President Trump is in charge of the US government. He is not. And he would be assassinated if he were. As President Dwight Eisenhower warned us to no avail in 1961, the military/security complex is a threat to democracy and accountable government. The military/security complex is most definitely not going to permit any diminuition in its income and power by permitting normalization of relations with Russia.

Having ignored President Eisenhower’s warning, the warning from a two-term US president and a 5-star general who commanded US, British, and French forces against Hitler in World War 2, the insouciant Americans have lost their democracy to the Deep State.

If you think the info given is false, perhaps you can provide the correct information?

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Wolfgang said:
    If you think the info given is false, perhaps you can provide the correct information?

Does it meet your definition of "false," Wolfgang, that in his article Roberts claims Dwight Eisenhower referred to something called "the military/security complex," but as almost any American who grew up in the 1960's or before knows, Eisenhower did NOT use that phrase? In his final address to the nation before leaving office, he actually referred to what he called "the military-industrial complex."

If Roberts can't get the simplest of facts correct, on what basis can we trust his other assertions?

Among those other assertions is that Russian citizen Maria Butina "has not done a thing. She is indicted for a non-crime." He says he makes that assertion on the basis of his having read the indictment against her. I, too, have read the indictment, wherein, I believe, her alleged crime is clearly defined and defended.

Roberts claims Butina was indicted "because she is Russian and living, according to the presstitute media, with a congressional staffer." The indictment Roberts claims to have read reports a FAR more complex and involved violation of federal law (essentially, acting as a foreign agent without notifying the Justice Department/Attorney General).

In past posts, I've been quite critical of PC Roberts as an analyst and commentator. His failure in the article to which you linked to report accurately either a simple fact or the indictment's essential content does nothing to reduce my skepticism about his work.

• @Bill_Coley said:
    Does it meet your definition of "false," Wolfgang, that in his article Roberts claims Dwight Eisenhower referred to something called "the military/security complex," but as almost any American who grew up in the 1960's or before knows, Eisenhower did NOT use that phrase? In his final address to the nation before leaving office, he actually referred to what he called "the military-industrial complex."

This does NOT meet my definition of "false" ... he obviously is referring to the exact same "group" which at times is referred to by either term.

If Roberts can't get the simplest of facts correct, on what basis can we trust his other assertions?

See above ... why acquit a murder on some "technicality" (or is it "formality") when it is obvious who and what is being talked about? I would not be quite correct to refer to you as "Bil Coley", but from the rest of I might be saying it would be crystal clear that "Bill Coley" would be the person being talked about ... but I suppose you could play the "smarty" and claim that I wasn't talking about you.

Among those other assertions is that Russian citizen Maria Butina "has not done a thing. She is indicted for a non-crime." He says he makes that assertion on the basis of his having read the indictment against her. I, too, have read the indictment, wherein, I believe, her alleged crime is clearly defined and defended.
    Roberts claims Butina was indicted "because she is Russian and living, according to the presstitute media, with a congressional staffer." The indictment Roberts claims to have read reports a FAR more complex and involved violation of federal law (essentially, acting as a foreign agent without notifying the Justice Department/Attorney General).

See above ... I see two people reading the same statement (indictment document), and one gives it a little different thought and sees through the matter than perhaps the other does ?

In past posts, I've been quite critical of PC Roberts as an analyst and commentator. His failure in the article to which you linked to report accurately either a simple fact or the indictment's essential content does nothing to reduce my skepticism about his work.

I suppose we see an example of how the same text speaks quite different to persons who read through different color glasses?
    Also, see above in regard to people reading the same but only one noticing something important being written while the other does not notice it.