America's Mistake On Full Display in Helsinki: President Trump -- Treasonous or Mentally Ill

Comments

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

And as if to add insult to his injuries, the president today told a pool spray in the cabinet room that the Russia is NOT still targeting the U.S. an assertion that directly contradicts the findings of his own intelligence community. For example, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats last month said, "We continue to see Russian targeting of American society in ways that could affect our midterm elections,” a threat Coats described as "their (Russia's) ongoing, pervasive efforts to undermine our democracy," in the statement he released after the president's embarrassing Helsinki press conference with Putin.

It's likely obvious to all but the most passionate of Trumpsters - some of whom inhabit these forums - that the American president is NEVER going to change. He will ALWAYS say whatever he believes serves the moment's purpose, regardless of the truth or consequences of his words. He is and always will be a national disgrace and an international threat.

• My grandma used to advise to always take a look at both sides of an issue ... unfortunately, it appears that many in the sphere of the USA empire refuse to consider what the other side has to say ... and most definitely then is unable to include it in any attempt to learn what really may be going on.

Germans know a little about being duped by one's own government / forces behind the government either for lack of being able to get "the other side of the story" or denial and refusal to take a look.

Seems to me that warnings and the other side of a story is being suppressed and withheld in mainstream media (which is usually the only source for information of the majority of the public), and instead people are told what to think and who to support by those in control ... and in the USA, the ones in control do NOT intend good (and have not done so for decades) and they are making war on anyone (including the duly elected president) who is not playing their game

• @Bill_Coley said:
    And as if to add insult to his injuries, the president today told a pool spray in the cabinet room that the Russia is NOT still targeting the U.S. an assertion that directly contradicts the findings of his own intelligence community. For example, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats last month said, "We continue to see Russian targeting of American society in ways that could affect our midterm elections,” a threat Coats described as "their (Russia's) ongoing, pervasive efforts to undermine our democracy," in the statement he released after the president's embarrassing Helsinki press conference with Putin.

"his own intelligence community" is on the other side ... paid for by the military/security complex and coming up with loony tunes in order to draw USA into constant war and creating enemies .... for the simple reason that if there is no enemy, their $billions budget could be cut considerably and the money spent on useful endeavors that would actually benefit the American people. Former top government officer Mike Powell even publicly admitted the poor quality of his intelligence ... or maybe the intelligence was fine but the regime in which he served was set on conducting war of aggression?

It's likely obvious to all but the most passionate of Trumpsters - some of whom inhabit these forums - that the American president is NEVER going to change. He will ALWAYS say whatever he believes serves the moment's purpose, regardless of the truth or consequences of his words. He is and always will be a national disgrace and an international threat.

The threat is not so much from Trump as it is from those deep state forces that are set on and have conspired to destroy him in whatever way is convenient for them.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

No Republicans, up for re-election, have confronted or held Mr. Trump accountable for his oleaginous political shenanigans. The military men around the President and the current cabinet have sold their souls like bottles of cheap wine. America wake up! You're moving in a trance-like cultic death march toward insignificance. It's bad for the economy, international relations, growth, development, and future. Can't I help "make America great again", even if outside the party? CM

Except here are some problems with your little political rant:

1. The economy is booming and growing. So much for your assertion things are bad for the economy.
    2. International relations have gotten better since Trump took office. Obama is who had destroyed IR.
    3. Growth is happening. Development is happening.

You are like chicken little crying "the sky is falling"

It may prove to be fruitless to respond to your cherry-picking from my statement to distract from the cowardice of the Republican members of Congress. Given your limited knowledge US Politics and apparent political stupor, sharing today's economic report/outlook.

I hope you would do the honest thing and read the entire report. I would high light a few points to note. For starters, the "trade war is real". WTI Cude Oil prices; Look at Farm Prices: Hogs, corn, etc., are down from 10% to 7%. People have to plan long before it shows in the numbers. e.g. a woman is pregnant long before she shows or where others can see. There must be foresight, insights and concrete planning. If you don't get it now, I hope you do when you get there with life's experiences.

As we stretch out our investment horizon, we see the possibility of a U.S. recession becoming much more elevated in late 2019 and into 2020. -- Paul Eitelman

SENIOR INVESTMENT STRATEGIST, NORTH AMERICA

The recent political crisis in Italy has come and gone, but trade wars appear here to stay. U.S. growth leadership will fade in our view as Europe and Japan improve. China is resilient and the U.S. dollar rally is running out of steam.

Trade-war tightrope

The dual headwinds of Italian political volatility and escalating trade-war fears have not stopped equity markets from staging a choppy rebound from their March 2018 lows. The U.S. 10-year Treasury yield has found stiff resistance to moving above 3% and the strengthening U.S. dollar has put pressure on emerging markets asset classes.

Our cycle, value and sentiment decision-making process holds us at a broadly neutral weighting on global equities. We have a small preference for Europe, Japan and emerging markets over the U.S., and expect that the U.S. 10-year Treasury yield has limited upside. We see the U.S. dollar bounce as having run its course.

Paul Eitelman thinks the U.S. economy can continue with above-trend growth through mid-2019. However, U.S. Federal Reserve (Fed) policies appear on track to invert the yield curve by the end of 2018. Given the usual lags, we believe this means an elevated risk of recession by the end of 2019 and through 2020.

Wouter Sturkenboom acknowledges that economic growth in Europe has cooled, but thinks it is still above trend and that corporate earnings are growing at a healthy pace. Wouter rates the threats to global trade and Brexit as bigger dangers for Europe than Italian politics.

Graham Harman and Alex Cousley remain positive on the Asia-Pacific outlook. Fears of a significant China slowdown in their view are overdone, and the rest of developing Asia has shown good resilience to the rising U.S. dollar. Japan is more mixed, with weak consumer data offsetting strong corporate indicators. Rising real wages, however, should see the household sector recover.

Van Luu and Max Stainton see the bounce in the U.S. dollar since mid-April as mostly technical and not the start of a structural dollar bull market. They see signs at mid-year 2018 that the dollar rally is running out of steam.

The U.S. business cycle index model estimated by Kara Ng and Abe Robison points to relatively low recession risk over the next 12 months. Their model for U.S. equities versus fixed income has bounced back at mid-year to a small pro-equities bias after last quarter’s neutral reading.

Finally, we dedicate this edition of the quarterly outlook to our colleague, Steve Wood, who died June 5. Steve advised, guided and supported the investment strategist team. His energy and relentless optimism were inspirational. We will miss him. CM

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

No Republicans, up for re-election, have confronted or held Mr. Trump accountable for his oleaginous political shenanigans. The military men around the President and the current cabinet have sold their souls like bottles of cheap wine. America wake up! You're moving in a trance-like cultic death march toward insignificance. It's bad for the economy, international relations, growth, development, and future. Can't I help "make America great again", even if outside the party? CM

Except here are some problems with your little political rant:

1. The economy is booming and growing. So much for your assertion things are bad for the economy.
    2. International relations have gotten better since Trump took office. Obama is who had destroyed IR.
    3. Growth is happening. Development is happening.

You are like chicken little crying "the sky is falling"

It may prove to be fruitless to respond to your cherry-picking from my statement to distract from the cowardice of the Republican members of Congress. Given your limited knowledge US Politics and apparent political stupor, sharing today's economic report/outlook.

I quit reading right here. You say I have limited knowledge yet you do not even know me. You have actually displayed limited knowledge about US politics and government and the way they work. I'll just plain call you an idiot.

• C Mc

THANKS FOR AFFIRMING MY UNDERSTANDING OF YOU.

Mr. Reformer, in your own words: "you do not even know me". Do you feel better now that you've have gotten this off your chest? Do you have anything nice to say? You seem to be upset about something beyond my post. Also, it appears that you have reached the extent of your ability to disagree with my position and yet, remain civil. Please don't lose yourself over Mr. Trump's political daftness and/or missteps. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

Mr. Reformer, in your own words: "you do not even know me". Do you feel better now that you've have gotten this off your chest? Do you have anything nice to say? You seem to be upset about something beyond my post. Also, it appears that you have reached the extent of your ability to disagree with my position and yet, remain civil. Please don't lose yourself over Mr. Trump's political daftness and/or missteps. CM

It is your daftness, lunacy, and misteps that have me fired up. Liberal nonsense.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

It is your daftness, lunacy, and misteps that have me fired up. Liberal nonsense.

No, Reformed, I am not inclined to believe your explanation. In my opinion, your post exchanges in these forums reveal frustration, if not, an angry man. It seems your name (Reformed), unfortunately, is not an internal experience, therefore, not an external reality that others would experience.

Your explanation above doesn't fit the response to a "liberal", whatever that is. I seem to be a poster you feel comfortable, therefore, justified, to unload your mean-spirited bile upon. You need to slow down and reflect a little more. Think before you post. Do you have "liberals" in your church, community, and family? Do you hurl insults at them? What are you afraid or angry about, really?

Mr. Reformed, if you don't check yourself, your posts will become representative of Mr. Trump's, revealed, dark side, in these forums. I am sure you don't want this. Love the man, but don't adopt his ways. By anyone's standards, Mr. Trump needs help! Given that you don't have his age (72), wealth (billions) or power (President of the USA), you need to exercise greater discipline in relating to me and others online.

I will not hold a moment of weakness against you (we all have them, from time-to-time), however, you are beginning to show a pattern of incivility in these forums of displaced anger. Do you have a friend? CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

No, Reformed, I am not inclined to believe your explanation. In my opinion, your post exchanges in these forums reveal frustration, if not, an angry man. It seems your name (Reformed), unfortunately, is not an internal experience, therefore, not an external reality that others would experience.

Your explanation above doesn't fit the response to a "liberal", whatever that is. I seem to be a poster you feel comfortable, therefore, justified, to unload your mean-spirited bile upon. You need to slow down and reflect a little more. Think before you post. Do you have "liberals" in your church, community, and family? Do you hurl insults at them? What are you afraid or angry about, really?

Mr. Reformed, if you don't check yourself, your posts will become representative of Mr. Trump's, revealed, dark side, in these forums. I am sure you don't want this. Love the man, but don't adopt his ways. By anyone's standards, Mr. Trump needs help! Given that you don't have his age (72), wealth (billions) or power (President of the USA), you need to exercise greater discipline in relating to me and others online.

I will not hold a moment of weakness against you (we all have them, from time-to-time), however, you are beginning to show a pattern of incivility in these forums of displaced anger. Do you have a friend? CM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

No, we don't have liberals in our church. They leave pretty quickly because they don't like it. Don't really have them in my community of rural Kentucky either.

I have plenty of friends. But seriously, you have shown yourself to be a liberal. You don't live in reality. You live in Alice's Wonderland. You have conspiracy theories about Trump and the NRA.

• C Mc

Why do people continue to support Trump? Not all, just segment of America's poplution. Who are they?

**Read the full article: ** https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/06/19/white-evangelicals-still-support-donald-trump-because-theyre-more-conservative-than-other-evangelicals-this-is-why/?utm_term=.467c66f4abb9

President Trump speaks at a rally in Nashville on May 29. (Mark Humphrey/AP)
    By Janelle Wong--June 19

The media have been obsessed with white evangelicals’ unmovable support for Donald Trump. As a new poll from the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) shows, white evangelicals continue to be dedicated to Trump. His support among this group is at the highest levels ever, despite his alleged moral trespasses and lack of religious orientation.

My new book, “Immigrants, Evangelicals and Politics in an Era of Demographic Change,” shows white evangelicals are more conservative than other whites on policy issues including welfare, climate change and immigration. Their conservative reaction to demographic change is at the heart of their political agenda and perhaps a response to increasing racial diversity within their own religious community...

The findings might be somewhat surprising, given the growing diversity of the evangelical community. For instance, Latino and Asian American evangelicals now make up about 13 percent of all evangelicals. Perhaps more important, they are one of the only sources of evangelical growth — given that white evangelicals are declining steeply as a proportion of the population.

But this demographic change appears to be fueling racial and religious anxieties among white evangelicals. Rank-and-file white evangelicals have the most negative attitudes toward immigrants of all U.S. religious groups. That’s true despite the fact that conservative white evangelical leaders strongly favor a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

My research indicates white evangelical conservatism correlates strongly with their perceptions anti-white discrimination, even after taking into account economic status, party, age and region. Fully 50 percent of white evangelical respondents to our 2016 survey reported feeling they face discrimination that’s comparable to, or even higher than, the discrimination they believe Muslim Americans face. Those who hold this perception are more likely to hold conservative attitudes on issues as wide-ranging as climate change, tax policy and health-care reform.

[To many Americans, being patriotic means being white]

Here’s what is not behind these beliefs: economic anxiety. Like PRRI and political scientist Diana Mutz, I find economic anxiety isn’t a primary reason for supporting Trump. Rather, white evangelicals fear losing racial status. White evangelicals’ perceptions they’re the targets of discrimination – more so than other groups — influence far more than simply their votes for Trump.

Yes, 80 percent of white evangelicals supported Donald Trump in 2016. And the racial fears and anxieties that underlie their support for the president will probably remain the driver in their political views long after he leaves office.

Janelle Wong is professor of American studies at the University of Maryland, College Park, and author of “Immigrants, Evangelicals and Politics in an Era of Demographic Change” (Russell Sage, 2018)**

Trump's base will always remain with him regardless of his incompetence. They fear the "Browing of America". CM

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Troll bait. Next.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Troll bait. Next.

"Here we go again"! You have gone full circle to your default position. Are you saying there is absolutely NO TRUTH to the above article after reading it in its fullness? Please, tell me, "say it ain't so", GaoLu? CM

PS. I don't get any great joy out of reflecting Mr. Trump's erratic behavior, administrative incompetence, fabrications, mean-spirited, oleaginous morals, war-mongering, treasonous tendency, but must I, and others, ignore his destructive acts while president of the USA, as norms? CM

• @C_M_ said:
    PS. I don't get any great joy out of reflecting Mr. Trump's erratic behavior, administrative incompetence, fabrications, mean-spirited, oleaginous morals, war-mongering, treasonous tendency, but must I, and others, ignore his destructive acts while president of the USA, as norms? CM

WOW .... I thought you were actually describing someone else ... as -- for example -- "war-mongering" was far more a trade of Bush, Obama & is far more appropriate to H. Clinton in her campaign and speeches even now.

Since when is the person endeavoring to establish a more normal relationship with Russia a war-monger while the dudes in the swamp behind the scenes with their mainstream propaganda media criticize such steps and want war with Russia??

Seems, like you've got a few things backwards, C-M ??

• C Mc
    edited July 2018

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

WOW .... I thought you were actually describing someone else ... as -- for example -- "war-mongering" was far more a trade of Bush, Obama & is far more appropriate to H. Clinton in her campaign and speeches even now.

Since when is the person endeavoring to establish a more normal relationship with Russia a war-monger while the dudes in the swamp behind the scenes with their mainstream propaganda media criticize such steps and want war with Russia??

Seems, like you've got a few things backwards, C-M ??

Thanks for your contribution, Wolgang, but I will wait for a response from GaoLu. Until then, consider the current warmonger:

Trump To Iran's President Rouhani: 'NEVER, EVER THREATEN' The U.S. Again

President Trump threatened Iran in a late-night tweet on Sunday, responding angrily after Iranian President Hassan Rouhani criticized Trump and warned the American president not to "play with the lion's tail" and that "war with Iran is the mother of all wars."

Trump's tweet, posted in all-capital letters: "NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE."

He declared, "WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!"

The average driver spends most of his time looking forward through the windshield compared to .005% of the time looking in his rearview mirror.

Mr. Wolfgang, behold the warmonger before your very eyes! CM

PS. Earlier this year, he threatened North Korea. Who got it backward?

• @C_M_ said:
    Thanks for your contribution, Wolfgang, but I will wait for a response from GaoLu. Until then, consider the current warmonger:

Trump To Iran's President Rouhani: 'NEVER, EVER THREATEN' The U.S. Again

Mr. Wolfgang, behold the warmonger before your very eyes! CM
    PS. Earlier this year, he threatened North Korea. Who got it backward?

The "war" with Iran already started quite some time before Trump ever thought about running for president, have you forgotten?
    The "conflict" with N. Korea goes back to the 1950ies and the refusal of the USA to do something about making possible a peace treaty between N. Korea and S. Korea ...

By the way, the "peace" Nobel prize winner puppet playing the role of president in the White House, B. Obama, started a few more wars during his terms that had not been going on when his administration started ... I don't recall Trump starting another war as of yet during his term in office.

Furthermore, it appears from viewing things from the outside, that there is actually a war against Trump going on inside the USA, such as has not been seen happening ever before against any president. The strange thing is that there are Americans who fall for the lies of the press and actually support the war against the elected president as if he was responsible for all the downfall of the USA that occurred already during decades of prior administrations ... They seem to live in denial of the fact that there is an "empire2 at work behind the scenes ("deep state" of "military/security complex", "banksters", USrael Zionist powers, etc) that is actually responsible for their demise ... And those Americans who have apparently realized more of what is going on and who are true patriots with interest in their own country and their own lives first, who voted for Trump, are regarded as "Trump's deplorables" and "country idiots who supposedly have no idea what real life about by those who are the "liberal destruction fans".

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

Why do people continue to support Trump? Not all, just segment of America's poplution. Who are they?

**Read the full article: ** https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/06/19/white-evangelicals-still-support-donald-trump-because-theyre-more-conservative-than-other-evangelicals-this-is-why/?utm_term=.467c66f4abb9

President Trump speaks at a rally in Nashville on May 29. (Mark Humphrey/AP)
    By Janelle Wong--June 19

The media have been obsessed with white evangelicals’ unmovable support for Donald Trump. As a new poll from the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) shows, white evangelicals continue to be dedicated to Trump. His support among this group is at the highest levels ever, despite his alleged moral trespasses and lack of religious orientation.

My new book, “Immigrants, Evangelicals and Politics in an Era of Demographic Change,” shows white evangelicals are more conservative than other whites on policy issues including welfare, climate change and immigration. Their conservative reaction to demographic change is at the heart of their political agenda and perhaps a response to increasing racial diversity within their own religious community...

The findings might be somewhat surprising, given the growing diversity of the evangelical community. For instance, Latino and Asian American evangelicals now make up about 13 percent of all evangelicals. Perhaps more important, they are one of the only sources of evangelical growth — given that white evangelicals are declining steeply as a proportion of the population.

But this demographic change appears to be fueling racial and religious anxieties among white evangelicals. Rank-and-file white evangelicals have the most negative attitudes toward immigrants of all U.S. religious groups. That’s true despite the fact that conservative white evangelical leaders strongly favor a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

My research indicates white evangelical conservatism correlates strongly with their perceptions anti-white discrimination, even after taking into account economic status, party, age and region. Fully 50 percent of white evangelical respondents to our 2016 survey reported feeling they face discrimination that’s comparable to, or even higher than, the discrimination they believe Muslim Americans face. Those who hold this perception are more likely to hold conservative attitudes on issues as wide-ranging as climate change, tax policy and health-care reform.

[To many Americans, being patriotic means being white]

Here’s what is not behind these beliefs: economic anxiety. Like PRRI and political scientist Diana Mutz, I find economic anxiety isn’t a primary reason for supporting Trump. Rather, white evangelicals fear losing racial status. White evangelicals’ perceptions they’re the targets of discrimination – more so than other groups — influence far more than simply their votes for Trump.

Yes, 80 percent of white evangelicals supported Donald Trump in 2016. And the racial fears and anxieties that underlie their support for the president will probably remain the driver in their political views long after he leaves office.

Janelle Wong is professor of American studies at the University of Maryland, College Park, and author of “Immigrants, Evangelicals and Politics in an Era of Demographic Change” (Russell Sage, 2018)**

Trump's base will always remain with him regardless of his incompetence. They fear the "Browing of America". CM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Where do these nutjobs who believe crap like this come from?

• GaoLu
    edited July 2018

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:
    Troll bait. Next.

"Here we go again"! You have gone full circle to your default position. Are you saying there is absolutely NO TRUTH to the above article after reading it in its fullness? Please, tell me, "say it ain't so", GaoLu? CM

NO TRUTH.

It is troll bait and being reused as troll bait. Works, huh?

See above.

• @Bill_Coley said:
    The article communicates a point of view about Trump and Russia that is not surprising given the subtitle of the website that hosts it: "Stop the Empire's War on Russia." In my view, nothing in its content mitigates against Trump's woeful and dangerous incompetence as president, or his witting/unwitting and disgraceful surrender to Putin and Co.

Your comment sounds a bit as if you were in full support of the Neocon/Liberals/Military-Security complex/etc to prepare for and start a war on Russia?

• Bill_Coley

@Bill_Coley said:
    The article communicates a point of view about Trump and Russia that is not surprising given the subtitle of the website that hosts it: "Stop the Empire's War on Russia." In my view, nothing in its content mitigates against Trump's woeful and dangerous incompetence as president, or his witting/unwitting and disgraceful surrender to Putin and Co.

@Wolfgang said:
    Your comment sounds a bit as if you were in full support of the Neocon/Liberals/Military-Security complex/etc to prepare for and start a war on Russia?

My goodness, no!

First, I reject the neocon movement's militaristic "answer" to seemingly every problem the U.S. faces. I hold the necon movement responsible for one of the greatest mistakes and tragedies in American military history: the Iraq war that toppled Sadaam Hussein.

Second, our needed fight with Russia will NOT include military forces: a) There's no justification at all for such conflict, and b) It wouldn't be a fair fight.

Our necessary fight with Russia is economic-, diplomacy- and cyber-based. Through tougher and tougher sanctions and steadily intensifying diplomatic partnerships with our allies, we must convince Putin that his (very) intentional efforts to disrupt our democracy and sow chaos and division in our society will not be tolerated. At the same time, we must advance our cyber technologies to combat Russia's (or any other nation's) attacks on our cyber infrastructure.

Surely you agree with me, Wolfgang, that NO nation - not Russia, not the U.S., not Germany - has the right to invade other nations' cyber infrastructures without clear and specific permission from those nations?

Bottom Line: I DO NOT want to start, conduct, or finish a military war with Russia. I want Russia to stops its intrusions into our democracy, and I want President Trump to align his words and actions to those of his national security team, all members of which made clear the other day that Russia had and continues to attack our systems.

Mr Trump and his Trumpkins need to STOP referring to the Mueller probe of Russian activities in the 2016 election - including his campaign's almost seven dozen meetings with Russians - as a "hoax" or a "witch hunt." It is neither. It is a profoundly serious investigation into an adversary nation's intrusion into our affairs, and the possibility that a presidential campaign, via those seven dozen meetings and other contacts, may have conspired with the Russians to influence the result of a presidential election, then obstructed justice to hinder discovery of the truth.

• @Bill_Coley said:

@Wolfgang said:

My goodness, no!

First, I reject the neocon movement's militaristic "answer" to seemingly every problem the U.S. faces. I hold the necon movement responsible for one of the greatest mistakes and tragedies in American military history: the Iraq war that toppled Sadaam Hussein.

I agree ...
    And I would not separate the Clinton clan, Bush clan, Obama etc from the Neocons, but rather view them as being "bed fellows" in such crimes

Second, our needed fight with Russia will NOT include military forces: a) There's no justification at all for such conflict, and b) It wouldn't be a fair fight.

has anyone ever cared about "fair fights" ? not that I remember ...

Our necessary fight with Russia is economic-, diplomacy- and cyber-based.

Why is such necessary? Why doesn't the USA just concentrate on their own soil instead of pursuing world hegemony and enslavement of all other countries?

Through tougher and tougher sanctions and steadily intensifying diplomatic partnerships with our allies, we must convince Putin that his (very) intentional efforts to disrupt our democracy and sow chaos and division in our society will not be tolerated.

I tell you that the CIA and associated USA agencies invest a hell of a lot more efforts to disrupt democracies and sow chaos in various countries around the world ... any country that is not voluntarily submitting to USA hegemony and endeavors to have their own sovereign foreign policy .... plenty of examples, such as Iraq and Lybia and Ukraine more recently and currently their regime change war via proxies in Syrian.
    USA sanctions have killed more civilians in some of the countries on which they were imposed than their military actions produced ...

At the same time, we must advance our cyber technologies to combat Russia's (or any other nation's) attacks on our cyber infrastructure.

It should be plain and clear to even the dumbest fool that internet and cyber space are NOT "located" inside one particular nation or that nations have their "private" spaces ...

Surely you agree with me, Wolfgang, that NO nation - not Russia, not the U.S., not Germany - has the right to invade other nations' cyber infrastructures without clear and specific permission from those nations?

See above ... may I remind readers of the NSA scandal made public by whistleblowers, that the USA was monitoring not only its own citizens (illegally, in violation of the constitution), but also people and governments all over the globe ... the German chancellor even admitted that her smartphone had been bugged by the NSA for quite some time ...

Bottom Line: I DO NOT want to start, conduct, or finish a military war with Russia. I want Russia to stops its intrusions into our democracy, and I want President Trump to align his words and actions to those of his national security team, all members of which made clear the other day that Russia had and continues to attack our systems.

Russia (and other countries, I would suspect) claim the same rights to propaganda and information exchange via guided media as the USA does ... or do you think that the USA is the God authorized exceptional nation that has divine permission while other countries may not do what the USA constantly does as well ??

Mr Trump and his Trumpkins need to STOP referring to the Mueller probe of Russian activities in the 2016 election - including his campaign's almost seven dozen meetings with Russians - as a "hoax" or a "witch hunt." It is neither. It is a profoundly serious investigation into an adversary nation's intrusion into our affairs, and the possibility that a presidential campaign, via those seven dozen meetings and other contacts, may have conspired with the Russians to influence the result of a presidential election, then obstructed justice to hinder discovery of the truth.

Sorry ... looking on from the outside and really not caring about Trump, Clinton etc but rather about the American people at large, the Muller "investigation" appears like a front of the internal USA war of the Clinton, Democrats, neocons against the current president who mentioned in his inaugural speech to drain that swamp in Washington. There is far more reason and plenty of "weird activity" on the Clinton campaign side which should have been investigated and those folks have been arrested and brought to justice ... but, of course, it has not happened as of yet, because the swamp has not been drained.

• GaoLu

Occasionally, Wolfgang, you are too conspiratorial for my taste, but often you really make sense. At least you think--which is a bit rare these days.

• Bill_Coley

@Wolfgang said:
    I agree ...
    And I would not separate the Clinton clan, Bush clan, Obama etc from the Neocons, but rather view them as being "bed fellows" in such crimes

I welcome you to your point of view on this matter, but please remember that Mr. Obama opposed the Iraq war from the beginning. There is no evidence that while in office he decided that it had been a worthwhile initiative.

has anyone ever cared about "fair fights" ? not that I remember ...

Good point.

Why is such necessary? Why doesn't the USA just concentrate on their own soil instead of pursuing world hegemony and enslavement of all other countries?

Because the Russian government intentionally interfered in our 2016 election, and is currently in the process of interfering in our 2018 midterms.

I welcome you to your point of view about the American agenda of hegemony and enslavement, but strongly disagree. There is no evidence - zero - of either of your claims.

I tell you that the CIA and associated USA agencies invest a hell of a lot more efforts to disrupt democracies and sow chaos in various countries around the world ... any country that is not voluntarily submitting to USA hegemony and endeavors to have their own sovereign foreign policy .... plenty of examples, such as Iraq and Lybia and Ukraine more recently and currently their regime change war via proxies in Syrian.

In the early 1990's, Iraq invaded Kuwait. Was that an action the rest of the world should have accepted as an outcome of Iraq's "sovereign foreign policy"? How about the Syrian government's use of chemical weapons on its own people. Is that another action we should embrace as a nation's sovereign act? Or Russia's annexation of Crimea? Another result of "sovereign foreign policy"? If so, then do you also not object when other nations - say the "hegemonic" U.S. - invade other countries in pursuit of their "sovereign foreign policies"?

USA sanctions have killed more civilians in some of the countries on which they were imposed than their military actions produced...

The impact of sanctions against nations who violate international norms - say North Korea or Russia - is hard to assess. But an impact is also a necessary part of the process. The hope is that the nation on whom the sanctions are imposed will change its behavior because of the sanctions' impact. Sanctions helped Iran come to the negotiating table, for example, to help produce the JCPOA, which the Trump administration insanely chose to abandon.

I feel bad that innocents are affected by sanctions (which is why many sanctions target the assets of government leaders that are held in US banks and institutions - a more targeted approach to inflicting consequences for the nation's misconduct).

But the larger question is, if not by sanctions, how do we impose consequences on nations that violate international norms or law?

It should be plain and clear to even the dumbest fool that internet and cyber space are NOT "located" inside one particular nation or that nations have their "private" spaces ...

I may indeed be "the dumbest fool," but it's clear to me that a server owned and operated by organization XYZ, located solely in the United States, is the private property of organization XYZ. Therefore, the Russian government has NO right to access the contents of that server without explicit permission from XYZ.

Given your view about the absence of "private spaces" online, is it your view that the US government has the right to access the information contained on servers owned and operated by the Russian government, or any other government, regardless of whether the US has permission to do so?

See above ... may I remind readers of the NSA scandal made public by whistleblowers, that the USA was monitoring not only its own citizens (illegally, in violation of the constitution), but also people and governments all over the globe ... the German chancellor even admitted that her smartphone had been bugged by the NSA for quite some time ...

Two wrongs don't make a right, do they? So you ALSO oppose Russian government attempts to hack into servers - email and otherwise - owned and operated by Americans?

Russia (and other countries, I would suspect) claim the same rights to propaganda and information exchange via guided media as the USA does ... or do you think that the USA is the God authorized exceptional nation that has divine permission while other countries may not do what the USA constantly does as well ??

I don't know what "guided media" are. What does it mean to say Russia has the right to "information exchange via guided media"? Does that mean Russian government intelligence has the right to access email servers owned and operated by American citizens? Does that mean it has the right to deceive the American public into believing that its social media posts are actually coming from American creators? If so, do you ALSO say American government agencies have the to right to engage in similar hacking and deception within Russia?

Sorry ... looking on from the outside and really not caring about Trump, Clinton etc but rather about the American people at large, the Muller "investigation" appears like a front of the internal USA war of the Clinton, Democrats, neocons against the current president who mentioned in his inaugural speech to drain that swamp in Washington. There is far more reason and plenty of "weird activity" on the Clinton campaign side which should have been investigated and those folks have been arrested and brought to justice ... but, of course, it has not happened as of yet, because the swamp has not been drained.

From the inside - and caring about justice and objective truth - there is no evidence - none - that the Mueller probe has ANYTHING to do with anyone's "internal USA war" against Mr Trump. Instead, the Mueller probe is about holding people accountable for their conduct in the 2016 election. We know the Russians interfered to a degree we've never seen before. If the Trump campaign helped them interfere, the American people deserve to know, and justice requires that campaign people who contributed to that interference should face consequences.

• GaoLu
    edited August 2018

@Bill_Coley said:
    Because the Russian government intentionally interfered in our 2016 election, and is currently in the process of interfering in our 2018 midterms.

Paving the way for your losses already? Good grief. Cheer up!

I may indeed be "the dumbest fool," but it's clear to me....

mmm

.... is it your view that the US government has the right to access the information contained on servers owned and operated by the Russian government, or any other government, regardless of whether the US has permission to do so?

Teenagers do it. Keeping in mind your self-assessment above, what is really clear to you about what the US gov does?

I don't know what "guided media" are.

That makes you truly one-of-a-kind.

From the inside - and caring about justice and objective truth - there is no evidence - none - that the Mueller probe has ANYTHING to do with anyone's "internal USA war" against Mr Trump.

That makes you even more one-of-a-kind than ever. You are special, Bill.

justice requires that campaign people who contributed to that interference should face consequences.

Now you are making sense. Hillary and perhaps Obama should probably face jail. I am not so concerned about that as I am the eternal justice on those who knowingly hurl out political lies that harm nations, people, and children.

• @Bill_Coley said:

How did or will that supposedly happen?? Are USA election systems (ballots, election locations, election computers, etc) so insecure that people's votes are so easily manipulated? I suspect that if that were the case, interested parties inside the USA have much easier access and far more possibility to manipulate the outcome of elections ...
    To make propaganda for or against a candidate or finance a candidate is something done in each election in just about any country ... and the Clinton campaign received loads of foreign money because she had been that next USA president that many or most or even all USA vassal countries' governments were expected by the previous USA administration/Obama to support ...

I welcome you to your point of view about the American agenda of hegemony and enslavement, but strongly disagree. There is no evidence - zero - of either of your claims.

Open your eyes beyond the edge of the USA coast lines geographically and a little back in history ...

In the early 1990's, Iraq invaded Kuwait. Was that an action the rest of the world should have accepted as an outcome of Iraq's "sovereign foreign policy"?

There is evidence that the previous "friend" of the USA, Sadam H., was set up to step into this trap .... the real reason for the USA war against Iraq was that Saddam had started with plans to do oil trade differently from the US petro-dollar system. Of course, such was not openly reported in USA mainstream propaganda media, instead they reported a fantasy story told on TV by a Kuwait diplomat's daughter in Washington about babies being taken out of incubators in hospital etc ... which was soon openly acknowledged to have been fake propaganda news.

How about the Syrian government's use of chemical weapons on its own people. Is that another action we should embrace as a nation's sovereign act?

Funny, the Syrian government handed over their chemical weapons to an international USA led group of military experts to be disposed ... but the USA supported AL-Nusra and ISIS terrorists continued with false flag "chemical attacks" to blame on Assad and even used their (in)famous "white helmet" terrorist helpers to make fake Hollywood type "video reports" about chemical attacks that never happened but were badly made "fake show".

Or Russia's annexation of Crimea? Another result of "sovereign foreign policy"?

There was no annexation of Crimea in the first place ... there was a USA/EU led "Maidan" coup in Kiew to install a "friendly government" which turned out to be Ukrainian Nazis who immediately forbid the use of the Russian language (which is the mother tongue of more than 1/3 of the population !) and anything of Russian culture ..., which resulted in the large provinces in the Donbass and in Crimea to seek separation from Ukraine. The Crimea province held a people's vote (=> "democracy") and the result was that more than 90% voted to request of Russian Federation to be able to join it (which was granted by Russian parliament vote).

If so, then do you also not object when other nations - say the "hegemonic" U.S. - invade other countries in pursuit of their "sovereign foreign policies"?

A broader look on history of the late 19th and 20th century should clear up what actually happened ... but look a little deeper than just the Anglo/Zionist influenced "official winners of wars" history books :-)

Don't have time for comment on more of your post ... but maybe later

• C Mc

Is your US President, Trump, enclosed in his right mind? Is he too old? What atones for the abundant lies and misstatements? This seems to be one of the most corrupted administration in US History. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    Is your US President, Trump, enclosed in his right mind? Is he too old? What atones for the abundant lies and misstatements? This seems to be one of the most corrupted administration in US History. CM

Hardly

• C Mc

What atones for Mr. Trump's abundant lies and misstatements? CM

• C Mc

Is Mr. Trump losing it? CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    Is Mr. Trump losing it? CM

Nope