Why Are Some Kids Not Being Reunited At Border?

2»

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@Wolfgang said:

@reformed said:
    BECAUSE THEY LEFT THEIR KIDS BEHIND. That's not kidnapping on the government's part, that is abandonment on the parent's part.

very simple and very plain truth ...
    also, since the parents were (knowingly and with intent) illegal in the country and had thus committed a law violation, they are to be blamedd ... if they involve their children in their illegal doings, the worse for them ....

You know, with all this migration flooding we are experiencing in Germany, a large number of these migrants (allegedly claiming to be refugee seekers) are under age unaccompanied (!!!) youth and children ... sent ahead to get a foothold into Germany, because once they are granted asylum, they then claim that they need their family to be rejoined with them ... bla, bla, bla, bla. Our politicians support such stupidity and bring millions of people into our social systems, resulting in funds into which German workers have paid for years from their jobs are "robbed" to dish out money and provide housing and food for these folk who never paid a penny into the system.

Yes, I am all for re-uniting these children with their parents ... tell the parents on what flight the boy or girl will be arriving in their home country so they can pick them up. Sending an unaccompanied minor by himself/herself in the hands of human traffickers is inexcusable and a crime for a parent ...

Seems to me that the situation with these children of parents who were illegal in the country ought to be blamed not on the government that is trying to clean up the illegal mess, but on the parents who knowingly got their children involved in their illegal activity.

Want to put blame on the USA government ... then put it on that previous administration who apparently allowed it and who may even have actively aided in the illegal entry into the country by having a "tolerance for all" policy, but don't blame the government that is pursuing a "no tolerance of these crimes" and cleaning up what was dropped in their lap

Exactly. I don't know why this is so hard to understand for some people.

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    edited July 2018

They should also be expected to fully repay expenses incurred, including plane tickets, food, lodging, healthcare and enough extra to maintain the system of justice that prevents their crimes. 10 years after full repayment (the present standard waiting time), they could once again be reconsidered for lawful immigration. That would be gracious and generous.

• reformed

@GaoLu said:
    They should also be expected to fully repay expenses incurred, including plane tickets, food, lodging, healthcare and enough extra to maintain the system of justice that p[revents their crimes. 10 years after full repayment (the present standard waiting time), they could once again be reconsidered for lawful immigration. That would be gracious and generous.

More than generous.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Wolfgang said:

@reformed said:
    BECAUSE THEY LEFT THEIR KIDS BEHIND. That's not kidnapping on the government's part, that is abandonment on the parent's part.

also, since the parents were (knowingly and with intent) illegal in the country and had thus committed a law violation, they are to be blamedd ... if they involve their children in their illegal doings, the worse for them ....

Have you ever received an auto moving violation ticket with your children or mother in the car? Would you like someone to take them away from you and ship them to another state because you exceeded the speed limits?

You know, with all this migration flooding we are experiencing in Germany, a large number of these migrants (allegedly claiming to be refugee seekers) are under age unaccompanied (!!!) youth and children ... sent ahead to get a foothold into Germany, because once they are granted asylum, they then claim that they need their family to be rejoined with them ... bla, bla, bla, bla. Our politicians support such stupidity and bring millions of people into our social systems, resulting in funds into which German workers have paid for years from their jobs are "robbed" to dish out money and provide housing and food for these folk who never paid a penny into the system.

Germany has a heart! Thank God for her. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:

@reformed said:

Have you ever received an auto moving violation ticket with your children or mother in the car? Would you like someone to take them away from you and ship them to another state because you exceeded the speed limits?

That's not an equal comparison.

No, Germany is stupid.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

That's not an equal comparison.

Indeed ... but I can mention an instance closer to the matter ...
    In 1989, I was visiting family of my wife in Alpine, TX together with my wife, 2 children and a friend of the children. One day, I had driven with them in the Big Bend area, and we came to the Mexican border town Presidio. We thought we would be able to cross over the Rio Grande bridge to have a look at the Mexican town of Ojinaga and then then return back. While on the bridge and arriving at the Mexican border patrol, the friend noticed that he had left his German passport at my in-law's house ... the Mexican border control then were so kind to allow me to turn around and get back in lane to cross back into the USA.
    However, upon explaining what had happened, the US immigration pulled us aside, then proceeded to explain to me that German citizens (even those who had their passport, such as my children and myself) could not re-enter the USA since we only had a one entry tourist visa stamp.

So, yes, it had been just me (a tourist visitor) who unintentionally made the mistake (far from trying to knowingly immigrate to the USA), the consequences applied to all of us -- except my wife, who could of course have easily entered the USA with her US passport.

(Situation got solved after about an hour's worth of talking - mainly by my US citizen wife - and the immigration officer making various phone calls to who knows who, and we were allowed back in, with my father in law meeting us at a random border patrol along the highway toward Alpine with the passport of the boy and that patrol then letting us continue on our way after checking the passports again.)

No, Germany is stupid.

Germany's government is acting unconstitutionally and unlawfully, apparently in harmony with some outside political forces (such as EU and more ? ) causing havoc for "the people who have been living here longer", as A. Merkel in her crazy mind now calls those whom others now call "biological" Germans ... since at the same time she and her cohorts slam everyone who would like to uphold some national identity as being of a "Nazi" mentality...
    The German people at large are very willing to help and being kind hearted toward REAL refugees, the trouble is that about 90 % if not more who are claiming to seek asylum are NOT real refugees but are migrants for non-applicable reasons and have been waved through by a non-existing border control ... and now supposedly can't be sent back.

Calling Germany (obviously meaning the current regime, not the people at large) stupid is almost euphemistic ... as in fact it is far worse.

• GaoLu

@C_M_ said:

Feely, feely feely. Nevertheless...

Oh yeah! Once I was traveling from Skagway into Canada near Whitepass, over the William Moore cantilever bridge on the Klondike highway. We didn't think to bring our kids birth certificates and didn't yet have passports for them. Times were starting to change already. At the Fraser-Klondike Canadian border station we had trouble.

The crossing is remote. We were the only car. Only one border guard. She was all business and lectured us for half an hour on the risks of kidnapped children and how "parents" aren't always parents after all. We realized she was right and took out lecture about carrying birth certificates humbly and she finally let us go.

The immigration officer was generous. We were legal. If we had not been legal, things would not and should not have gone so well. Probably my wife and I would have been separated and likely our children as well--and rightly so.

• C Mc
    edited July 2018

@reformed said:

Am I a "liberal"? If so, what rights or authority do you have to call me such? CM

• GaoLu

Those conferred upon him by the authority of common sense.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Am I a "liberal"? If so, what rights or authority do you have to call me such? CM

Of course you are a liberal. You support liberal ideals.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Of course, you are a liberal. You support liberal ideals.

What are liberal ideals? CM

• GaoLu

The kind of nonorthodox ideals you post all over the forums here.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

"Non-orthodox ideals"? Please explain yourself -- Examples, GaoLu, please. CM

• GaoLu

One would think you would know your own views. Do you really want me to explain them to you? No thanks.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    One would think you would know your own views. Do you really want me to explain them to you? No thanks.

Yes, you can do a PM, especially, if you're serious as your bold declaration. Why do you seem to find my posts so repugnant? This, too, in a PM, to be taken seriously. Do you really have a point or you just being...? If not, lighten up and enjoy the forums. CM

• GaoLu

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

Yes, you can do a PM, especially, if you're serious as your bold declaration. Why do you seem to find my posts so repugnant? This, too, in a PM, to be taken seriously. Do you really have a point or you just being...? If not, lighten up and enjoy the forums. CM

We can chat here. Go ahead and make yourself clear. That is all I am inviting you to do.

I am presuming, correctly, I hope, that you are a man and not a snowflake.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

We can chat here. Go ahead and make yourself clear. That is all I am inviting you to do.

Mr. GaoLu,
    You don't seem to have a nice spirit today, based on your last sentence. This is no way for a "man" to start a serious conversation or exchanges. The childish schoolyard dare is not a priority nor a game I seek to play on these forums. A few light moments, but that's about it.

Besides, I am not comfortable, even with permission, to clog-up Mr. Reformed thread on why are some kids not being reunited at the border?" Even if you don't, I like to be considerate of others. So if you really have something that you're serious about and want me to give it careful consideration or application, I strongly recommend you sent it in a PM. On the other hand, if you are insincere and inclined to put on a display of nebulous insults, I can't and won't stop you. I always want and expect better from you. Since you're not a child, my expectations of you are not unrealistic.

So, if you have anything personal to say to me, do it in a PM or create a thread, if you are driven beyond restraint, to address me publicly. Enough space has been taken up, off-topic, in this thread.

Over and above, all that's said, you have answered me:

@GaoLu said: One would think you would know your own views. Do you really want me to explain them to you? No thanks.

I will see you around the forums. CM

• reformed

@GaoLu said:

HAHAHAHA

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

Mr. GaoLu,
    You don't seem to have a nice spirit today, based on your last sentence. This is no way for a "man" to start a serious conversation or exchanges. The childish schoolyard dare is not a priority nor a game I seek to play on these forums. A few light moments, but that's about it.

Besides, I am not comfortable, even with permission, to clog-up Mr. Reformed thread on why are some kids not being reunited at the border?" Even if you don't, I like to be considerate of others. So if you really have something that you're serious about and want me to give it careful consideration or application, I strongly recommend you sent it in a PM. On the other hand, if you are insincere and inclined to put on a display of nebulous insults, I can't and won't stop you. I always want and expect better from you. Since you're not a child, my expectations of you are not unrealistic.

You wouldn't be clogging up anything. I'm curious too.

So, if you have anything personal to say to me, do it in a PM or create a thread, if you are driven beyond restraint, to address me publicly. Enough space has been taken up, off-topic, in this thread.

Cop-out

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@GaoLu said:

HAHAHAHA

@C_M_ said:

Cop-out

• GaoLu
    Enough foo foo C_M_. Just out with what you have to say.
  • @GaoLu said:

Maybe C-M is thinking that he is driving the train ....

• GaoLu

:smile: They say it isn't the whistle that drives the train!

I mentioned that in church prayer once and an old lady in her 80's started snickering out loud and then I felt bad.

• reformed

@Wolfgang said:

@GaoLu said:

Maybe C-M is thinking that he is driving the train ....

HAHAHAHAHa

@GaoLu said:
    :smile: They say it isn't the whistle that drives the train!

I mentioned that in church prayer once and an old lady in her 80's started snickering out loud and then I felt bad.

Yeah liberals like @C_M_ are hysterical with their absurdity about the border situation.

There was even a senator from HI the other day who didn't know it was a crime to cross the border illegally! REALLY!?!?!?!?!? Are these people that stupid?

• GaoLu

Research at San Diego State University estimates that there are 2.4 million victims of human trafficking among illegal Mexican immigrants.