Trump has chosen his Supreme Court nominee (Brett Michael Kavanaugh)

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:
    Reformed/GaoLu,

Why do you endorse a man who supports any citizen to take a life in America and deals in weapons of death?

As for abortion, Kavanaugh supports it. CM

Has he said he supports abortion? No he hasn't.

And he definitely doesn't support any citizen to take a life. That is just absurd.

Yes, check the transcript of the hearings. He was clear. Don't take my words for it. Watch the hearings, all of it. CM

I did watch them live

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:
    Reformed/GaoLu,

Why do you endorse a man who supports any citizen to take a life in America and deals in weapons of death?

And he definitely doesn't support any citizen to take a life. That is just absurd.

Yes, check the transcript of the hearings. He was clear. Don't take my words for it. Watch the hearings, all of it. CM

I did watch them live

Sorry, you missed it. Watch again. Oh, ask a friend. ;) CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:
    Reformed/GaoLu,

I did watch them live

Sorry, you missed it. Watch again. Oh, ask a friend. ;) CM

Why dont you just give the quote...

• C Mc

Supreme Court nominee (Brett Michael Kavanaugh) used stolen documents. Have you heard this? He lied under oath. He may not make it. Some found him not truthful. This is troubling. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    Supreme Court nominee (Brett Michael Kavanaugh) used stolen documents. Have you heard this? He lied under oath. He may not make it. Some found him not truthful. This is troubling. CM

1. How did he lie under oath? This has been claimed (and disproven) many times. There's nothing to it.
    2. He did not use stolen documents. They were on an open server.
  • C Mc

Supreme Court nominee (Brett Michael Kavanaugh) may be in trouble. The answers of 263 pages of answers to 1200 questions:

1. Gambling/debts $ 200.000 disappeared suddenly.
    2. Treatment for gambling addictions
    3. Two Republicans may be against him:
      • Sen. Collins (Maine)
      • Sen. Murkowski (Alaska)

No vote tomorrow on Supreme Court nominee (Brett Michael Kavanaugh) as scheduled. CM

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Right. Probably no Democrat votes are needed. We know pretty well know what America apparently wants.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Right. Probably no Democrat votes are needed. We know pretty well know what America apparently wants.

It's going to take more than...
    CM

• GaoLu
    edited September 2018

That isn't how Christians do it. Or Americans. I don't know how you do in your religious beliefs or foreign country. Like that I guess.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    That isn't how Christians do it. Or Americans. I don't know how you do in your religious beliefs or foreign country. Like that I guess.

Not for the literalist. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    Supreme Court nominee (Brett Michael Kavanaugh) may be in trouble. The answers of 263 pages of answers to 1200 questions:

1. Gambling/debts $ 200.000 disappeared suddenly.
    2. Treatment for gambling addictions
    3. Two Republicans may be against him:
      • Sen. Collins (Maine)
      • Sen. Murkowski (Alaska)

No vote tomorrow on Supreme Court nominee (Brett Michael Kavanaugh) as scheduled. CM

Actually those two Republicans have said no reason to vote against him and several Democrats have also said they will vote for him.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

What happened? No vote today! CM

• GaoLu
    edited September 2018

You don't know? I don't believe you are being truthful yet again.

The Dem's did what was predicted weeks ago and delayed the vote a week--which they can legally do--hoping to buy time for someone to invent a lie to discredit and incredible worthy man. Watch. It will fail. We will remember your post.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

The Dem's did what was predicted weeks ago and delayed the vote a week--which they can legally do--hoping to buy time for someone to invent a lie to discredit and incredible worthy man. Watch. It will fail. We will remember your post.

It was a rhetorical question. For your understanding, information was discovered and sent to the FBI on Supreme Court nominee (Brett Michael Kavanaugh). The FBI informed the White House as early as tonight. Do you believe in prayer? Pray for him to get through. Right now, forces are working against him. I just want God's will to be done. He knows what's best. God will have the last word, even if it not what we want. Be at peace! :D CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

It was a rhetorical question. For your understanding, information was discovered and sent to the FBI on Supreme Court nominee (Brett Michael Kavanaugh). The FBI informed the White House as early as tonight. Do you believe in prayer? Pray for him to get through. Right now, forces are working against him. I just want God's will to be done. He knows what's best. God will have the last word, even if it not what we want. Be at peace! :D CM

Yeah I don't put much stock in that letter. It's anonymous, secretive, happened when he was in high school and conveniently came out now even though some Senators knew about it in July?

Yeah, whatever.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Yeah I don't put much stock in that letter. It's anonymous, secretive, happened when he was in high school and conveniently came out now even though some Senators knew about it in July?

Yeah, whatever.

You're giving me information. Boo... CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Yeah, whatever.

You're giving me information. Boo... CM

What do you know...FBI says nothing criminal... In otherwords, #NOTHINGBURGER

• C Mc

@reformed said:

All I know:

Committee vote delayed for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to next week
    CNN Digital Expansion 2018 Veronica StracqualursiPhil Mattingly Profile
    By Veronica Stracqualursi and Phil Mattingly, CNN
    Updated 11:36 AM ET, Thu September 13, 2018
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/politics/kavanaugh-nomination

What we know about the potentially explosive letter Sen. Feinstein sent to the FBI about Brett Kavanaugh
    It seems to be about sexual misconduct, back when the Supreme Court nominee was in high school. -- By Li Zhouli@vox.com Sep 13, 2018, 5:00pm EDT
    https://www.vox.com/2018/9/13/17855900/dianne-feinstein-brett-kavanaugh-fbi-letter

Dianne Feinstein Refers a Kavanaugh Matter to Federal Investigators-- Sept. 13, 2018

WASHINGTON — The senior Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee referred information involving Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, President Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court, to federal investigators on Thursday, but the senator declined to make public what the matter involved.

Two officials familiar with the matter say the incident involved possible sexual misconduct between Judge Kavanaugh and a woman when they were both in high school. They spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to discuss the matter...

The information came in July in a letter, which was first sent to the office of Representative Anna Eshoo, Democrat of California, and accuses the judge of sexual misconduct toward the letter’s author, a person familiar with the letter confirmed.

Ms. Feinstein, who received the letter from Ms. Eshoo’s office, informed fellow Democrats on the Judiciary Committee about its existence and its contents on Wednesday evening but did not share the letter itself. Several Democrats advised her to take its claims to the F.B.I., and others pressed for it to become public.

In addition to criminal investigations, the F.B.I. conducts background checks on all major government appointees, including Supreme Court nominees. The F.B.I. said in a statement on Thursday that it had received Ms. Feinstein’s referral and included it in Judge Kavanaugh’s background file. A bureau official also said that no criminal investigation had been opened related to the matter.

Including the letter in Judge Kavanaugh’s file allows the White House, and potentially other senators, to view its contents. A copy of the letter was included in an updated background file sent on Thursday to the office of Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa and chairman of the Judiciary Committee.

We will see...CM

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:

I disagree that the FBI said "nothing criminal," reformed.

According to Washington Post reporter Seung Min Kim, the "FBI does not now plan to launch a criminal investigation of the Kavanaugh matter." Notice she doesn't say nothing criminal happened. She says only that the FBI isn't going to launch a criminal probe (more to come).

At the end of her tweet, she refers to "@mattzap" as the basis for her post, he being another Washington Post reporter. According to Zapatosky, (emphasis added)

"Importantly, the FBI isn't doing a criminal investigation based on what Feinstein told them. The broad outline of the allegation, as I understand it, seems like it'd be in state/local authorities wheelhouse, if there even is a crime, and if the statute of limitations hasn't run."

and also...

"That's not to say whatever happened or whatever was alleged isn't serious and deserving of attention and scrutiny. It's just to say the FBI has given the White House the info it might need for action. Because the White House, not the FBI, determines who it nominates."

So Zapatosky also does not report that the "FBI says nothing criminal" happened. He certainly allows for the possibility that nothing criminal happened! But neither he nor his WAPO colleague reports that the FBI has decided/said "nothing criminal." Importantly, Zapatosky states what I've heard from more than one legal pundit in the last few hours, that if there IS any criminality to pursue in this matter, it won't be the FBI that does the inquiry, because allegations of sexual assault are state law enforcement matters, not federal ones.

As always, facts matter.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

I disagree that the FBI said "nothing criminal," reformed.

According to Washington Post reporter Seung Min Kim, the "FBI does not now plan to launch a criminal investigation of the Kavanaugh matter." Notice she doesn't say nothing criminal happened. She says only that the FBI isn't going to launch a criminal probe (more to come).

At the end of her tweet, she refers to "@mattzap" as the basis for her post, he being another Washington Post reporter. According to Zapatosky, (emphasis added)

"Importantly, the FBI isn't doing a criminal investigation based on what Feinstein told them. The broad outline of the allegation, as I understand it, seems like it'd be in state/local authorities wheelhouse, if there even is a crime, and if the statute of limitations hasn't run."

and also...

"That's not to say whatever happened or whatever was alleged isn't serious and deserving of attention and scrutiny. It's just to say the FBI has given the White House the info it might need for action. Because the White House, not the FBI, determines who it nominates."

So Zapatosky also does not report that the "FBI says nothing criminal" happened. He certainly allows for the possibility that nothing criminal happened! But neither he nor his WAPO colleague reports that the FBI has decided/said "nothing criminal." Importantly, Zapatosky states what I've heard from more than one legal pundit in the last few hours, that if there IS any criminality to pursue in this matter, it won't be the FBI that does the inquiry, because allegations of sexual assault are state law enforcement matters, not federal ones.

As always, facts matter.

If it was criminal they would open an investigation. They wouldn't just ignore it.

That being said, if it was criminal, Feinstein wouldn't have sat on it for two months.

This is nothing.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:

If it was criminal they would open an investigation. They wouldn't just ignore it.

Your statement is not correct. The FBI does NOT investigate EVERY possible criminal violation. Some crimes - and sexual assault is one of them - are the province of STATE laws, NOT federal laws. It is the STATE in which the alleged violation took place that would handle the investigation, NOT the FBI.

The second way in which your statement is incorrect is that the FBI did NOT "just ignore it." As the Washington Post reporter made clear, the FBI sent the allegation to the White House as an update to Kavanaugh's background file, per policy. That's NOT "just (ignoring)" the allegation.

That being said, if it was criminal, Feinstein wouldn't have sat on it for two months.
    This is nothing.

It may well be nothing. But it may also be something.

For additional information about the allegation and how its been handled by Sen. Feinstein and others, see THIS NEW YORKER ARTICLE.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

Your statement is not correct. The FBI does NOT investigate EVERY possible criminal violation. Some crimes - and sexual assault is one of them - are the province of STATE laws, NOT federal laws. It is the STATE in which the alleged violation took place that would handle the investigation, NOT the FBI.

The second way in which your statement is incorrect is that the FBI did NOT "just ignore it." As the Washington Post reporter made clear, the FBI sent the allegation to the White House as an update to Kavanaugh's background file, per policy. That's NOT "just (ignoring)" the allegation.

This is nothing.

It may well be nothing. But it may also be something.

For additional information about the allegation and how its been handled by Sen. Feinstein and others, see THIS NEW YORKER ARTICLE.

The FBI would send it to the appropriate state if it needed to be investigated. They didn't. Sending the letter to the White House is just protocol.

There is nothing to see here and yes it is ignoring the allegation as not credible, whatever the allegation is.

• C Mc

@reformed said:
    @Bill_Coley said: "As always, facts matter".

This is nothing.

Wrong, Reformed, it's something!

C_M_ Posts: 1,720
    2:20 PM
    The writer of the confidential letter against Trump's Supreme Court nominee (Brett Michael Kavanaugh) is Christine Blasey Ford, a 51-year old research psychologist. Yes, she is a real person. Her story is true. No, she is not looking for money. Yes, she sought help. Her husband is aware of the matter.

Christine Blasey Ford attempted rape and murder by Brett Kavanaugh is no small matter.

If you don't believe me, listen when she tells her own story. In my opinion, Brett Michael Kavanaugh has too much ugliness of the past. Even claiming to be drunk, it still makes Kavanaugh--Unfit! CM

Also, read Christine Blasey Ford's husband statement. I don't have it at this time. Sad, Sad, Sad! I hope Kavanaugh would answer these questions. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:
    @Bill_Coley said: "As always, facts matter".

This is nothing.

Wrong, Reformed, it's something!

C_M_ Posts: 1,720
    2:20 PM
    The writer of the confidential letter against Trump's Supreme Court nominee (Brett Michael Kavanaugh) is Christine Blasey Ford, a 51-year old research psychologist. Yes, she is a real person. Her story is true. No, she is not looking for money. Yes, she sought help. Her husband is aware of the matter.

Christine Blasey Ford attempted rape and murder by Brett Kavanaugh is no small matter.

If you don't believe me, listen when she tells her own story. In my opinion, Brett Michael Kavanaugh has too much ugliness of the past. Even claiming to be drunk, it still makes Kavanaugh--Unfit! CM

Also, read Christine Blasey Ford's husband statement. I don't have it at this time. Sad, Sad, Sad! I hope Kavanaugh would answer these questions. CM

Actually none of this is true.

• C Mc

Time is a revealer of truth. This is current news. CM

• C Mc

Republican Party's "bias, ineptitude, unseriousness, meanness, unfairness and general lack of empathy. They have become a walking advertisement for Democratic Senate candidates (“Can you believe these clowns?” would be an apt bumper sticker) and an embarrassment to their own operatives who see the Kavanaugh confirmation hanging by a thread". CM
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/22/ford-runs-circles-around-hapless-republicans-who-now-have-a-second-scandal/?utm_term=.ae72a86325e2

• GaoLu
  • C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Ford scrubs her year books: http://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/?m=0
    Deja Vu?

GaoLu,
    This link is pure garbage! This is shameful! There must be a better way for you to support Kavanaugh, than this... How could you stupe to such a low level? Why smearing the name and the character of the few black students back then? You and this blogger are trying to change the narrative from attempted rape to racism. "This dog won't hunt". You need to do the honorable thing and ask Jan to remove this post of such a vile blog. What is your relationship with this blogger? Is he a surrogate for your sentiments? Do you believe this blogger's misrepresentations and interpretations of the photos? Can they be independently verified? You nor CD should promote this blogger's trash. No other users of these forums believe this blog. Oh, well, maybe one. Your ...

If Kavanaugh is such a "righteous" man why use this and other tactics? Even if he's not confirmed, a conservative Justice will still be seated. This tells me two things:

1. There something unclean about Kavanaugh in the hidden documents, the rush, and bullying tactics by the committee.
    2. Trump may not be around much longer. The Republicans and I know it. The handwriting is on the walls. Trump can walk out or get pushed out. You didn't believe me when I said the Democrats wants him out, the Republicans are working to get him out. They got their tax cut.

The Republicans no longer have a need for Mr. Trump. The Supreme Court replacements are the only reason they tolerated Trump. Internal memos clearly revealed they were gunning for Trump from the beginning. Trump is a tool. He's not a partner or of the Republican Party.

So, clean up CD and remove this biased nonsense. Aren't we're better than this? CM

PS. If you want to deal with racism, start at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:
    Ford scrubs her year books: http://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/?m=0
    Deja Vu?

GaoLu,
    This link is pure garbage! This is shameful! There must be a better way for you to support Kavanaugh, than this... How could you stupe to such a low level? Why smearing the name and the character of the few black students back then? You and this blogger are trying to change the narrative from attempted rape to racism. "This dog won't hunt". You need to do the honorable thing and ask Jan to remove this post of such a vile blog. What is your relationship with this blogger? Is he a surrogate for your sentiments? Do you believe this blogger's misrepresentations and interpretations of the photos? Can they be independently verified? You nor CD should promote this blogger's trash. No other users of these forums believe this blog. Oh, well, maybe one. Your ...

If Kavanaugh is such a "righteous" man why use this and other tactics? Even if he's not confirmed, a conservative Justice will still be seated. This tells me two things:

What are you talking about?

1. There something unclean about Kavanaugh in the hidden documents, the rush, and bullying tactics by the committee.

What hidden documents?

1. Trump may not be around much longer. The Republicans and I know it. The handwriting is on the walls. Trump can walk out or get pushed out. You didn't believe me when I said the Democrats wants him out, the Republicans are working to get him out. They got their tax cut.

You keep saying that. Based on what?

The Republicans no longer have a need for Mr. Trump. The Supreme Court replacements are the only reason they tolerated Trump. Internal memos clearly revealed they were gunning for Trump from the beginning. Trump is a tool. He's not a partner or of the Republican Party.

What internal memos?

So, clean up CD and remove this biased nonsense. Aren't we're better than this? CM

PS. If you want to deal with racism, start at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Oh if we started a thread with all of the trash you support (like Ford's accusations, and abortion) we would be here for hours.

And please show the racism at 1600 Penn Ave. Have you seen the makeup of the cabinet?

• C Mc

Kavanaugh IS DONE!

A second woman has sexual misconduct against Kavanaugh and an unknown third woman. Just sharing a news report. Where there is smoke, there is fire. CM