Nasim Aghdam - No bottom to the Stupid Barrel?

She was a nice lady. Exercise enthusiast who cared about animals and healthy vegan eating. The media describes her as a Persian enthusiast. Mmhmmm.

She was also Iranian.

She also marched into Youtube and opened fire. Investigators are searching for a reason.

Tough one to figure out. Such a nice lady and all.

Comments

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

I can see "the days of Noah" where the earth was filled with violence happening in America. And to an extent around the world in the news. So I often wonder like the plethora of geezers in every generation before me if these aren't "signs of the times". That is, just before the Lord returns.

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@Dave_L said:
    I can see "the days of Noah" where the earth was filled with violence happening in America. And to an extent around the world in the news. So I often wonder like the plethora of geezers in every generation before me if these aren't "signs of the times". That is, just before the Lord returns.

Do you realize there has always been this level of violence since the days of Noah? The world has only experienced very short times (right after creation and immediately after the flood) where there was not high levels of violence.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Do you realize there has always been this level of violence since the days of Noah? The world has only experienced very short times (right after creation and immediately after the flood) where there was not high levels of violence.

I do not think the technology in Noah's day produced the level of destruction we have today. Consider the World Wars, and the number of personal weapons that kill far more than spears, rocks and clubs ever could.

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    Nothing kills in magnitude like mass murder of children in our day to the modern Molech. What instruments of killing oerform that?
  • Dave_L

@GaoLu said:
    Nothing kills in magnitude like mass murder of children in our day to the modern Molech. What instruments of killing oerform that?

Another good point!

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

I do not think the technology in Noah's day produced the level of destruction we have today. Consider the World Wars, and the number of personal weapons that kill far more than spears, rocks and clubs ever could.

That has nothing to do with it.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

It has everything to do with it. Today's world is full of violence. The question is, are you contributing to it? I'm not....

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

It has everything to do with it. Today's world is full of violence. The question is, are you contributing to it? I'm not....

Stay on topic Dave.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

How is Violence not on topic when the topic is about a violent act?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

That part was on topic, but you made a personal attack with: "The question is are you contributing to it? I'm not...." That was injected from our other thread about self-defense.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

That part was on topic, but you made a personal attack with: "The question is are you contributing to it? I'm not...." That was injected from our other thread about self-defense.

How can adding weapons not contribute to violence?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

That's not the question Dave. Of course they contribute to violence. But my point is many say we are starting to look like the days of Noah. The problem is, the world has ALWAYS looked like the days of Noah ever since the fall. That's the whole point.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

That's not the question Dave. Of course they contribute to violence. But my point is many say we are starting to look like the days of Noah. The problem is, the world has ALWAYS looked like the days of Noah ever since the fall. That's the whole point.

But, if the days of Noah serve as an indication of Jesus' return, how could any other time in history serve the purpose, before his birth?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

But, if the days of Noah serve as an indication of Jesus' return, how could any other time in history serve the purpose, before his birth?

I think you should do some study on that passage and look at why he was talking about the days of Noah.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

I think you should do some study on that passage and look at why he was talking about the days of Noah.

“For just like the days of Noah were, so the coming of the Son of Man will be. For in those days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark. And they knew nothing until the flood came and took them all away. It will be the same at the coming of the Son of Man.” (Matthew 24:37–39) (NET)

“The earth was ruined in the sight of God; the earth was filled with violence. God saw the earth, and indeed it was ruined, for all living creatures on the earth were sinful. So God said to Noah, “I have decided that all living creatures must die, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. Now I am about to destroy them and the earth.” (Genesis 6:11–13) (NET)

Sounds like today, eh?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

“For just like the days of Noah were, so the coming of the Son of Man will be. For in those days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark. And they knew nothing until the flood came and took them all away. It will be the same at the coming of the Son of Man.” (Matthew 24:37–39) (NET)

“The earth was ruined in the sight of God; the earth was filled with violence. God saw the earth, and indeed it was ruined, for all living creatures on the earth were sinful. So God said to Noah, “I have decided that all living creatures must die, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. Now I am about to destroy them and the earth.” (Genesis 6:11–13) (NET)

Sounds like today, eh?

It sounds like the past 4,000 years. Let me give you a hint, the passage has nothing to do with predicting when the return will be.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

It sounds like the past 4,000 years. Let me give you a hint, the passage has nothing to do with predicting when the return will be.

It has everything to do with showing the world situation leading up the Christ's return. That is the reason Jesus used Noah to show us the conditions. It is not anything like the events many look for today.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

It has everything to do with showing the world situation leading up the Christ's return. That is the reason Jesus used Noah to show us the conditions. It is not anything like the events many look for today.

You really need to take a hermeneutics class. The passage you quoted shows the intent. "And they knew nothing until they were taken away"

That's what it is talking about. The world will be shocked when it happens. It has nothing to do with how degraded the world is.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

You really need to take a hermeneutics class. The passage you quoted shows the intent. "And they knew nothing until they were taken away"

That's what it is talking about. The world will be shocked when it happens. It has nothing to do with how degraded the world is.

If Noah's days were violent, according to Genesis, and Jesus says the days leading up to his return will be like them, how would sound hermeneutics draw any different conclusion from what I said?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

If Noah's days were violent, according to Genesis, and Jesus says the days leading up to his return will be like them, how would sound hermeneutics draw any different conclusion from what I said?

I've already answered that question for you.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

I can understand your position but the scope of Noah's days are much broader than you allow for.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

I can understand your position but the scope of Noah's days are much broader than you allow for.

What do you mean....

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

What do you mean....

If we use the entire bible for a description of Noah's days, we can see more than if we limit them to "marrying and giving in marriage" as is the norm today. But your narrow view rules out the "great tribulation theory".

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

What do you mean....

If we use the entire bible for a description of Noah's days, we can see more than if we limit them to "marrying and giving in marriage" as is the norm today. But your narrow view rules out the "great tribulation theory".

What in the world are you talking about? Have you even been reading what I am saying? I have not limited it to marrying and giving in marriage, in fact, I haven't even mentioned that.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

What do you mean....

What in the world are you talking about? Have you even been reading what I am saying? I have not limited it to marrying and giving in marriage, in fact, I haven't even mentioned that.

If you confine your "Days of Noah" to “For just like the days of Noah were, so the coming of the Son of Man will be. For in those days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark. And they knew nothing until the flood came and took them all away. It will be the same at the coming of the Son of Man.” (Matthew 24:37–39) (NET)

And do not consider Genesis on the same, you shoot your own foot (no pun intended) because there is no room for a great tribulation.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

What do you mean....

If you confine your "Days of Noah" to “For just like the days of Noah were, so the coming of the Son of Man will be. For in those days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark. And they knew nothing until the flood came and took them all away. It will be the same at the coming of the Son of Man.” (Matthew 24:37–39) (NET)

And do not consider Genesis on the same, you shoot your own foot (no pun intended) because there is no room for a great tribulation.

Dave, you should probably re-read what I have written. You have no idea what you are talking about with regard to what I have said.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

What do you mean....

Dave, you should probably re-read what I have written. You have no idea what you are talking about with regard to what I have said.

You cannot find a great tribulation in Matthew 24:37-39. Only peaceful conditions leading up to Christ's return. They don't marry while getting their heads cut off...etc.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

What do you mean....

You cannot find a great tribulation in Matthew 24:37-39. Only peaceful conditions leading up to Christ's return. They don't marry while getting their heads cut off...etc.

READ WHAT I HAVE READ. Good grief, what is wrong with you?

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

What do you mean....

You cannot use Matthew 24:37-39 to prove the earth will not be violent as it is today. Only that business will continue as usual leading up to Christ's return. And this against the violent backdrop we have today.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Stay on topic Dave.

Sounds like today, eh?

What do you mean....

You cannot use Matthew 24:37-39 to prove the earth will not be violent as it is today. Only that business will continue as usual leading up to Christ's return. And this against the violent backdrop we have today.

This proves you aren't reading, or at least comprehending, what I have actually said. I did not say the earth will not be violent. Not once did I say that. I am saying that is not what the passage is trying to say. The passage is talking about the earth will be surprised when his return comes. It has nothing to do with predicting the time of that return.