What kind are you?

GaoLu
GaoLu Posts: 1,368
edited April 2018 in General

Earlier I posted this from Dr. Eggerich, thinking it had value:

There are those who find delight in misleading others. As tough as this is for me to say, some people enter politics because they derive personal fulfillment from the “gotcha” approach to issues. It isn’t about what is true but about the political chess game. The key is to put a better spin on a matter than the other candidate and to put the opposition in checkmate.

“They like this polemical game. This amuses them more than I imagine. It is a contest that invigorates them.”

In this environment they do not suffer the liability for slander and lies. The courts give them a pass in politics

Rightly representing is not the name of the game. Winning is the name of the game. Thus, after a TV interview they high-five it with their party peers when their spin of misleading comments proves persuasive.

There are any number of reasons people create fake news, but some do it for one reason: it is a game to see if they can get away with it. He envisions himself to have divine rights while denying those rights to others and treating others as if they deserve stoning.

Now I would like to ask, "What kind of persons are other people on these forums? What kind are you?

THE BULLY: When I’m mean-spirited, it works. When I intimidate, I get my way.
       THE RETALIATOR: I’m mean only when others are unkind to me; it’s an eye for an eye.
       THE BLUNT: I’m not harsh but brutally honest in telling others what they don’t want to hear.
       THE UNEMPATHETIC: I’m no teary-eyed hand-holder. The feeble need to toughen up.
       THE IMPATIENT: I don’t have time for polite greetings but need to get to my point.
       THE VANQUISHER: To win, I’ll lie and dishonor my competition. My end justifies my means.
       THE RESENTER: I’ve been dishonored and treated unfairly. Yeah, I’m infuriated and gruff.
       THE CONDITIONAL: People who don’t earn my respect don’t deserve it. Period.
       THE DEFEATED: Showing kindness doesn’t return kindness. It backfires. It must be me.
       THE ENVIOUS: Life is unfair to me. I don’t have what others do. Sure, I’m begrudging.
       THE INTOLERANT: I detest and cannot stomach those who hold to beliefs at odds with mine.
       THE UNMINDFUL: Truthfully, I’m preoccupied and inadvertently hurt others by my neglect.
       THE UNINTENTIONAL: I didn’t mean to be insensitive or coldhearted. I was just upset.
       THE REBEL: I can’t stand rules like being told to be kind. I’ll be any way I wish to be.
       THE DU JOUR: People need to get over it and get with it. This is how we now talk and text.
       THE ANTI-SOCIAL: I want to be left alone, so I push people away. I don’t want to be bothered.
       THE DEAF: I think others are hearing things; I don’t hear unkindness in my voice at all.
       THE OFFSPRINGER: People need to chill out. This is how my family of origin reacts in conflict.
       THE ABUSER: I’m not abusive, and whatever idiot says that better guard his back.
       THE SELF-HATER: Stressed out, under-exercised, and overeating, I react. I don’t like myself.

** I recommend the book, 99 cents highly from Faithlife books.
Eggerichs, E. (2017). Before you hit send: preventing headache and heartache. Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Comments

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

@GaoLu said:
    Earlier I posted this from Dr. Eggerich, thinking it had value:

There are those who find delight in misleading others. As tough as this is for me to say, some people enter politics because they derive personal fulfillment from the “gotcha” approach to issues. It isn’t about what is true but about the political chess game. The key is to put a better spin on a matter than the other candidate and to put the opposition in checkmate.

“They like this polemical game. This amuses them more than I imagine. It is a contest that invigorates them.”

In this environment they do not suffer the liability for slander and lies. The courts give them a pass in politics

Rightly representing is not the name of the game. Winning is the name of the game. Thus, after a TV interview they high-five it with their party peers when their spin of misleading comments proves persuasive.

There are any number of reasons people create fake news, but some do it for one reason: it is a game to see if they can get away with it. He envisions himself to have divine rights while denying those rights to others and treating others as if they deserve stoning.

Now I would like to ask, "What kind of persons are other people on these forums? What kind are you?

THE BULLY: When I’m mean-spirited, it works. When I intimidate, I get my way.
           THE RETALIATOR: I’m mean only when others are unkind to me; it’s an eye for an eye.
           THE BLUNT: I’m not harsh but brutally honest in telling others what they don’t want to hear.
           THE UNEMPATHETIC: I’m no teary-eyed hand-holder. The feeble need to toughen up.
           THE IMPATIENT: I don’t have time for polite greetings but need to get to my point.
           THE VANQUISHER: To win, I’ll lie and dishonor my competition. My end justifies my means.
           THE RESENTER: I’ve been dishonored and treated unfairly. Yeah, I’m infuriated and gruff.
           THE CONDITIONAL: People who don’t earn my respect don’t deserve it. Period.
           THE DEFEATED: Showing kindness doesn’t return kindness. It backfires. It must be me.
           THE ENVIOUS: Life is unfair to me. I don’t have what others do. Sure, I’m begrudging.
           THE INTOLERANT: I detest and cannot stomach those who hold to beliefs at odds with mine. (People reflect this back to me in how they respond to what I say. But I try to see myself as God sees me according to his word.)
           THE UNMINDFUL: Truthfully, I’m preoccupied and inadvertently hurt others by my neglect.
           THE UNINTENTIONAL: I didn’t mean to be insensitive or coldhearted. I was just upset.
           THE REBEL: I can’t stand rules like being told to be kind. I’ll be any way I wish to be.
           THE DU JOUR: People need to get over it and get with it. This is how we now talk and text.
           THE ANTI-SOCIAL: I want to be left alone, so I push people away. I don’t want to be bothered. (This is true up to a point. I shun unbelievers and churches that bother my conscience).
           THE DEAF: I think others are hearing things; I don’t hear unkindness in my voice at all.
           THE OFFSPRINGER: People need to chill out. This is how my family of origin reacts in conflict.
           THE ABUSER: I’m not abusive, and whatever idiot says that better guard his back.
           THE SELF-HATER: Stressed out, under-exercised, and overeating, I react. I don’t like myself.

** I recommend the book, 99 cents highly from Faithlife books.
    Eggerichs, E. (2017). Before you hit send: preventing headache and heartache. Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

This is a good outline of our defects. Before I met Christ I would say yes to all of the above. But over the years he has made the inside of the cup better match the outside.

I made Bold the characteristics I think apply to me most. I added a couple of clarifications in (....) to explain.

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    Most of them resonated alarming well with me.