Interesting Read: School Shootings Are Rare

This definitely contradicts the mantra of the day. I've also heard the "18 shootings this year in schools bit" and this article proves the stats given by the mainstream media on school shootings are total garbage.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/02/22/friendly-reminder-school-shooting-are-still-rare-more-kids-are-killed-walking-to-school-n2452642

Comments

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    edited February 2018

"More kids are killed by walking to school," and alcohol and drugs and other violence and abortion. My wife got struck by lightning once (she is fine).

By the way, there have already been well over 6,200,000 babies killed since Jan 1 of 2018, and this isn't even the end of February. Guns may be a problem with which we should deal, but come on, put the matter in perspective.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@davidtaylorjr said:
    This definitely contradicts the mantra of the day. I've also heard the "18 shootings this year in schools bit" and this article proves the stats given by the mainstream media on school shootings are total garbage.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/02/22/friendly-reminder-school-shooting-are-still-rare-more-kids-are-killed-walking-to-school-n2452642

Stop defending the indefensible. Stop carrying the NRA's water. The sense behind this nonsense OP is: Would you like the rare shooting at a school to be your child? No! So, stop it! CM

@GaoLu said:
    "More kids are killed by walking to school," and alcohol and drugs and other violence and abortion. My wife got struck by lightning once (she is fine).

By the way, there have already been well over 6,200,000 babies killed since Jan 1 of 2018, and this isn't even the end of February. Guns may be a problem with which we should deal, but come on, put the matter in perspective.

In reality, is this fair comparison? Is this necessary? Just a thought...CM

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

Stop defending the indefensible. Stop carrying the NRA's water. The sense behind this nonsense OP is: Would you like the rare shooting at a school to be your child? No! So, stop it! CM

I'm not defending the indefensible. The indefensible is the position that more gun control will stop this. The point is that school shootings are rare. They are not happening every other day. Street murders with weapons are, but I don't hear people crying out about that.

@GaoLu said:

Yes it is.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

Yes it is.

What is not is not
    What isn't isn't
    What isn’t coming isn’t going
    What isn’t sweet isn’t bitter
    What isn’t falling isn’t climbing
    What isn't isn't
    What isn’t good isn’t bad
    What isn’t laughing isn’t crying
    What isn't yours, isn't yours

by Njabulo Mangena -- Sep 2017   

Until next time, understanding. CM

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

Yes it is.

What is not is not
    What isn't isn't
    What isn’t coming isn’t going
    What isn’t sweet isn’t bitter
    What isn’t falling isn’t climbing
    What isn't isn't
    What isn’t good isn’t bad
    What isn’t laughing isn’t crying
    What isn't yours, isn't yours

by Njabulo Mangena -- Sep 2017   

Until next time, understanding. CM

So in other words you don't think abortion is murder?