Imagine if John 1:1 was rendered correctly...
There were times when Jesus answered his enemies and they left him without a response because they recognized his answer was 'the truth'. Who could argue against him? Those who recognized his teachings as truth had a choice to make. Do I humble myself and become a follower of Jesus Christ or do I choose to become an enemy of Christ and scatter his followers? Many are the latter!
Imagine if John 1:1 was rendered correctly... and the Public got to see that there is only one Bible in the World that read, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was the Son of God." Who could argue against Jesus being the Son of God? Imagine the lives that could be saved.
The argument that Jesus is God or a god would no longer be the center of controversy. Even trinitarians who deny Jesus' divinity as the Christ could not argue against Jesus being the Son of God. Sometimes, when it comes to saving lives, a person needs to hear the ring of truth. That truth is and the Word of God was the Son of God. The one chosen by God and sent to rescue humankind.
Notice Jesus response to his enemies:
- do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? (John 10:36)
The scriptures are clear that Elohim can be rendered God or (gods) in referring to angels. Angels are spirit creatures that are sons of the true God. ʼElo·himʹ is used in the Scriptures with reference to Jehovah himself, to angels, to idol gods (singular and plural), and to men.
In the Book of John, he uses two Greek terms to differentiate the difference between Almighty God and his Son. Theon is used to refer to Almighty God as the God and theos when referring to his Son as a god.
- In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with the God (theon) and the Word was a god (theos).
- No man has seen the God (theon) at any time; the only-begotten god (theos) who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him.
- This means everlasting life, their coming to know You, the only true God (theon), and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
- Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and Your Father and to My God (theon) and Your God (theon).’”
- Jesus is never called (theon) which refers to Almighty God.
With that being said, many will reject these facts. Imagine someday opening your Bible and for the first time, reading the following scriptures:
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was the Son of God.
- Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations in my name,
- For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Angel of Great Counsel: for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him.
Wouldn't these Bible truths bring the many to Salvation?