JW kids grow up learning fear and cult-speak. Their minds are numbed with Watchtower falsehood. And much more...much worse. We won't mention rampant sexual abuse.
Here are some things JW kids grow up with:
- Never enjoy a birthday, holiday, Christmas
- Can never speak honestly with a friend out of fear of "report what is bad" (being snitched on by friends
- Door to door preaching every Saturday and sometimes Sunday
- Always judged by the elders
- Not allowed to date (can sort of have chaperoned time)
- Non-JW friends not allowed
- Trying to make sense of ever-changing made-up doctrines
- Never say "God bless you" when someone sneezes (it might have some obscure pagan origin)
- Grow up with no privacy. Learning "secrets" about others is a "gift from God."