Who is in you? Father? Jesus? Spirit?

Can we say theologically that the Trinity dwells within us?

Comments

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362
    edited February 2018

Yes. There is only one triune God. But unlike Christ whose person is God, we have God reconstructing our spirit (person) into his image. But each member of the triune God performs different roles. And the Holy Spirit performs this role.

Post edited by Dave_L on
  • @GaoLu said:
    Can we say theologically that the Trinity dwells within us?

No ... for various reasons ... some of which I suspect you recognize and provide the reason for your question.

• @Dave_L said:
    Yes. There is only one triune God. But unlike Christ whose person is God, we have God reconstructing our spirit (person) into his image. But each member of the triune God performs different roles. And the Holy Spirit performs this role.

Could it perhaps get more confusing than what you already have produced here?

• Dave_L
    edited February 2018

@Wolfgang said:

@Dave_L said:

Could it perhaps get more confusing than what you already have produced here?

It is as I said earlier. Christ, according to Paul, became of no reputation as God. But history shows he became of great reputation as man. So it is no wonder many cannot discern his divinity, not to mention the trinity.

• @Dave_L said:
    It is as I said earlier. Christ, according to Paul, became of no reputation as God. But history shows he became of great reputation as man. So it is no wonder many cannot discern his divinity, not to mention the trinity.

Oh dear, a broken record again ... error does not become truth by being repeated over and over again.

• Dave_L
    edited February 2018

The fact remains that you cannot see Christ's divinity in scripture. So you assume nobody else should be able to.

• @Dave_L said:
    The fact remains that you cannot see Christ's divinity in scripture. So you assume nobody else should be able to.

oh dear ... actually for almost 20 years I was a Trinitarian, and did "see" what you claim I cannot see. I know both sides of the story ...

• Dave_L

@Wolfgang said:

@Dave_L said:

oh dear ... actually for almost 20 years I was a Trinitarian, and did "see" what you claim I cannot see. I know both sides of the story ...

You assume too much in measuring others by your own limitations.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW Posts: 168

No matter what spin you put on it, it's Triune Polytheism, a 'Three-in-One' God instead of the Almighty (not 'Co-Almighties' / "Co-Equal").