Racism and Oppression

Truth
Truth Posts: 521
edited December 2021 in News & Current Events

The statement and variations below can be found floating around on the internet (the source may be unknown). I am weary of being pointed out and paraded by white people for being special (not normal), oppressed, in need of special privileges from the hand of whites. That is my complaint against whites. I have no other. They are my brothers in every way, including giving generous help and care for others--such as I am offering now to whites. I offer this as an attempt to hear the other side. What have you to offer to hear the other side?

I have often wondered why Whites are racists, and no other race is......

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans.. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.

You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... And that's OK.

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month.

You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah.

You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP.

You have BET....

If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships... You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US .

Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights.

If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it.

But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

I am proud...... But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

There is nothing improper about this.

Whites are the only people who are derided if they stand up for themselves!

BE PROUD TO BE WHITE! And No, I am Not Racist!

It's not a crime YET.... But getting very close!

Comments

• Truth
    edited December 2021

Let me add a comment for the record. Jan did not include me in the list of people flagging or making requests to him. I did not make any.

I am making no complaints about race issues on this board and don't intend the post above to appear that way. I do object to formal JW positions as dictated by the Watchtower against blacks which to my knowledge remain in place. To me, that is less of a race issue than it is a defining cult issue--which JW's and others ought to address. I am challenging others to seriously consider this race issue since it happens to be a hot topic these days.

I have felt the bite of racism deeply. I have been and sometimes am a victim of profane slurs, spitting, damage to personal property, being beaten (twice badly), singled out untold times by police and threatened, suffered material loss and emotional persecution (yes, it's a thing) to myself and family, and much more. Does anyone here know how that feels? I have never looked for trouble and avoided it at almost any cost. Yet, I have no bitterness (I hope) or need for retaliation.

I don't feel much disrespect due to race here. Thanks. Or if I do, the closest, ironically is not from Rando, but from Bill--and I presume you all know why. But no hard feelings. I understand--really, I do. Conversation is good.

A soothing tongue is a tree of life, But perversion in it crushes the spirit. -Pr 15:4.

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

I am confident that there is more black racism against whites these days than there is white against black.

• Truth

@reformed Not sure I totally agree with you, but there is a problem both ways. I know that from my side as a minority.

I would say that from our point of view, Tue biggest white problem isn’t Southern white rednecks. Most are cool. The far bigger problem is rich, white, progressives who keep insisting we lack ability and need their help.

But that’s not the topic I hoped to discuss.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463
    edited December 2021

@reformed said to @Truth:

I am confident that there is more black racism against whites these days than there is white against black.

@reformed,

1. Are you serious?
    2. Do you know what is "racism" and how to define it?
    3. Do you know the ethnic make-up of America?
    4. How do you justify your statement above? Do you have a data? Have you done a statistical analysis?
    5. Where do you live to make such a statement?
    6. Is this why you are a member of the NRA and cling so tightly to guns, love law enforcement, and risk the safety of your family for having multiple guns in your house?
    7. If your statement is half true, what are you doing, and what do you propose if you are doing nothing?
    8. Is racism baked into the American fabric?
    9. What race people benefited for generations and hundreds of years and ill-gotten gains passed down to the present off-springs today?

Even if you could prove your ill-informed, half-baked, ill-conceived, unconscionable statement in prorogation of a racist talking point, what do you recommend to be done?

1. Internment camps
    2. Reservations
    3. Back to Africa campaign
    4. More unauthorized medical experiments
    5. Forbid interracial marriage
    6. Smaller "welfare" checks
    7. Please send them to war in a one-race regiment
    8. Bring Donald J. Trump back as President
    9. Increase the pace of the covid vaccine and the number of boosters shots
    10. Employ more trigger-happy cops and sign more "no-knock warrants."

@reformed, you know we have done these things before with the blessings of the government and the church. Admit it! In all seriousness, does the problem in your statement above really exist? If so, can it be solved anytime soon? CM

Post edited by C Mc on
  • Truth
    edited December 2021

@C Mc I think you mean well. Thanks. But @reformed has a point. And your response feels to me like part of the rich left white invention of the problem.

Care. Take personal responsibility. Stand up if you should see anyone of any color being oppressed. Then just love and live. All the hyperbole just amplifies the problem and establishes that we poor little helpless minorities need the rich generous handout from our smart rich white masters. Can you see the pride and arrogance there? Blacks despise that.

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,322

Question: A 'white supremacy' rant from a person of color? What do you call a person who claims to be someone he is not?

Answer: Truth Posts: 521 December 2021 edited December 2021 Flag

The statement and variations below can be found floating around on the internet (the source may be unknown). I am weary of being pointed out and paraded by white people for being special (not normal), oppressed, in need of special privileges from the hand of whites. That is my complaint against whites. I have no other. They are my brothers in every way, including giving generous help and care for others--such as I am offering now to whites. I offer this as an attempt to hear the other side. What have you to offer to hear the other side?

I have often wondered why Whites are racists, and no other race is......

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans.. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.

You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... And that's OK.

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month.

You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah.

You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP.

You have BET....

If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships... You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US .

Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights.

If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it.

But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

I am proud...... But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

There is nothing improper about this.

Whites are the only people who are derided if they stand up for themselves!

BE PROUD TO BE WHITE! And No, I am Not Racist!

It's not a crime YET.... But getting very close!

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Racism is a problem that has existed and will exist until God Kingdom comes to man.

I think for anyone to say that one race of people as a whole (whites, blacks,etc) are inherently racist is in fact RACIST...

Or, in fact to lay claim that any bad behavior is due to any specific race- yep, that's racism...

Racism is merely a prejudice (for or against) ANY individual (whether superior or insuperior) based on their race only.

Unfortunately, the sin of thinking less of another person in value FOR ANY reason is a part of this fallen world's ways... But to cast the name of RACIST on any individual for being descendants of racists- this is indeed sin. The children shall not be punished cfor the fathers' sins is scripture.

Just on a side note:

Do you realize the atrocities commited in Africa based on ancestry and tribalism?....Same thing amongst the Native Americans before colonist showed up.. Do you know of the racism in South Africa by the black government on the white land owners?.....

See evil for what it is and change it by the way YOU live your time on this earth. Start by not holding animosity against ALL for the sin of 1...

ALL police are not black killing racist cops- just because one might be found to commit an unspeakable act......and statistically, more whites are killed annually than are blacks at the hand of cops.

The fact that one simply can't look at being treated badly by a small isolated group of bad people as simply being 'bad people (white black or green) behaving in a sinful way', and not trying to extend it upon an entire group or race of people, demanding children PAY for their fathers sins.....It is simply an attitude of wanting revenge at any cost for a wrong suffered... Hate. Spite. Things which only time with God and his holy spirit at work can cure in a person.

Love does not take into account a wrong suffered. It understands the sinful nature of man without God. WHICH IS TRUE FOR ALL HUMANS- black white or green.